Being pressured and getting increasingly stressed.

by NBird 55 Replies latest jw experiences

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

Good advice all.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stall the B/S conductor....take NO NOTICE of HIS self imposed goals for you....Just be unconcerned about the study. Never Pre Study , Break arrangements if you want. Think up some stupid questions to which there is no answer After all, that is normal when studying with an outside person

When your parents take this up with you......It is all HIS fault , a personality clash if you like. You and he do not get on, he is an overbearing bore etc etc

Just stall it and string them on a bit longer......Good luck

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Your situation is a LOT like mine was. I was never baptized and I wanted to get out when I was your age. Of course, it's easier said than done. I used to pretend I had LOTS of homework on meeting nights, and I'd get out of going to them.

When I turned 18, I believed that it should be my choice and wanted out. Again, easier said than done. My mother arranged for a brother a couple years older than me to study the Watchtower with me on Fridays. I immediately hated the guy. He tried to build rapport by talking about video games with me. I didn't play video games much and I told him that.

So anyway, he starts studying the Watchtower with me. Easy stuff, read, underline, move on. I did it unenthusiastically and never made eye contact with him. But that wasn't enough for him. He wanted me to sit beside him at the meetings. When I told him I was fine where I was, he went, got my books, and moved them beside him. I was pretty pissed off about that.

He wanted me to start commenting at the Watchtower study, so he would commit me to a specific answer and would tell the conductor to look for my hand on that paragraph. When it came time for me to comment at the Kingdom Hall, the conductor would stare me down, waiting for my hand to go up. The guy studying with me would nudge me, whispering at me to put my hand up. I just froze, stared at my Watchtower, and didn't budge.

The guy studying with me told me that I should throw out all my Led Zeppelin and Guns n' Roses CDs. Of course I didn't do that. When he came over for a study and my parents were doing stuff downstairs, we had to go do it in my room. I purposely didn't vacuum because he was allergic to cats. I had a giant Led Zeppelin flag hanging on my wall in my bedroom, and all four members watched us study the Watchtower. The guy studying with me was very noticeably uncomfortable in my bedroom.

He once made arrangements to pick me up for the meeting. Instead of going with him, I took my own car and left him waiting for me in his car.

Eventually, everyone just gave up on me. I wasn't progressing, so everyone just decided to quit encouraging me. It was the best thing that ever happened to me.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

And date lots of girls.

But don't get some gal knocked-up.

Quickest way to "screw up" your future.

Doc

• NBird
    NBird

Thanks, everyone. Your comments are very helpful.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm sure someone already said this but man, if i wasn't baptised i would fane interest then blow up all their doctrines while asking questions and watch the brothers squirm. They will try to help and teach you but you could go one for some time just killing their religion. Maybe wake up a few as you go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit