Why do all the COs have food intolerances/allergies/special dietary requirments?

by Julia Orwell 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

What is a 'potluck'?

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I think the Aussie equivalent of a "potluck" is "bring a plate".

• krejames
    krejames

Yes it's true - they all seem to have food intolerances and the wives always seem a bit grumpy (not that I blame them)

• mariu
    mariu

Is it just the COs? I was under the impression that JWs (especially the women) have a stunning incidence of all kinds of digestive tract problems. Allergies, intolerances, irritable bowel syndrome and whatnot.

My guess is that some of it is psychosomatic, and some of it is because the same people tend to be into alternative medicine where these things are a popular "diagnosis" for everything. (And some of it of course because it's a good enough excuse to skip meetings or field service )

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's because they're now so full of sh1t that it's upsetting them.

CO's in my experience are scrounging paid clergy that live off the R&F.

They don't appreciate hospitality from the humble ones so feign the sh1ts so they can stay with the richer more materally prosperaous JDubs.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

I knew several CO's who had food intolerances, living quarters intolerances and every other intolerance you can think of. I find that when they finally reach that coveted position of power they start to throw their weight around to make themselves feel better or compensate for their "male inadequacies".

• designs
    designs

Its probably a result of all the stress they cause in others- reverse Karma.

• mP
    mP

Obviously jehovah is helpingthru their struggle. If it wasnt for Jehovah they would all be dead right ?

• mP
    mP

TOTH

Your spot on, its a way of demonstrating and reinforcing their power in their own pathetic ways.

• label licker
    label licker

They don't complain when you serve them up steak, salad and fresh fruit salad. I remember one co right from a circuit assembly say that him and his wife refuse to eat canned salmon for a meal for it's like being served cat food. Another DO stated to me while eating steak that they were so sick and tired of going to peoples homes and being served pasta. That it seems lately that's all what people know to cook and I said maybe that's all they can afford. Total silence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit