Intro - First time Post- Ventilation (it's a good read actually)

by BLWashington 52 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BL- Very interesting story. Sounds like you've experienced injustices like I did at the hand of psycho elders. Join the club. There are thousands more out there like us. Welcome to the board ! Nice to have you here. You are among friends and people who understand. Take care and hang in there

• rmt1
    rmt1

Epic intro. Made me think of The Forgotten (2004) with Julianne Moore.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Great story, thank you for sharing. You might not know us, but we all know what it is like to lose family and friends due to this horrid religion. I have heard so many stories like this and I am a little shocked at mothers who can turn their children out on to the street just because they don't choose to be dubs, or who can pass their child on the street and not say hello. Even when I was a dub I could not have done that, and it seems cruel and unloving and against the basic principles of Christianity. I am happy that I was a lousy, dub because I couldn't think like that.

I am glad you were able to connect up with your normal, loving family. Good luck with getting your degree.

Lisa Rose

• Thor
    Thor

Hello and welcome BL!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum! Very glad that you have found us.

You've been through so much, but it looks like great things are ahead for you in "higher education" which is, of course, looked down on by the WTS. So wonderful that you've been able to reconnect with your dad, and have a great support system with your brothers and sisters.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Cool story -- I enjoyed reading your posts and congratulate you on having a mind of your own!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey BL,

Glad to have you man. Stick around.

We may not know each other.......but we KNOW each other well enough when we have such similar experiences that only ahandfull of people in the world can relate to.

Later.

• arwen
    arwen

Welcome and thank you for sharing. You are among friends here who have been through some of the same things as you have. I hope you will stick around.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's great that you reconnected with other family members. It's awesome that you are on a college track now. Wherever your path takes you, enjoy the ride. You tell your story well. Thanks for sharing it.

• Freethinking76
    Freethinking76

Welcome! I woke up one month ago ... By accident,I came across jw struggle videos!...I have never felt so relief to know I was not crazy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit