Intro - First time Post- Ventilation (it's a good read actually)

by BLWashington 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Ahh yes I still remember the first time I did mic's. Felt like the king of the world lol.

• mouthy
    mouthy

A very big I am so happy for you,Thanks for coming on board. Sounds to me like you have

been blessed in the end, an escape from a cult,finding family,finding friends, good luck in the education

department.. Keep us informed .I am the Mouthy Granny on board....

• Adiva
    Adiva

What a great introduction. Yet another one get's his 'head on straight'. Life is good.

Adiva

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome. I was particularly glad to hear that you were able to reconnect with your grandfather and later your own biological father.

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

BLwashington thank you for sharing-I'm shocked, sad, and disgusted by all the things you had to go through but I'm happy to know that it's behind you.

• BLWashington
    BLWashington

Thanks for the encouragement ... I had never gone onto a site like this one before..but had countless never-ending conversations about why I chose to leave the KH. I never knew that I was considered an apostate for having a difference of opinion, having a faith of my OWN, and having a personal relationship, non-interrupted by the Elders with God... Speaking of which- guess what I did? I went to CHURCH- and loved it!!!!

"I can't believe you did it- I am too scared to lose my family?" My question- why is that even an option for this 'organization'?

Fear Tactics? Threat of disowning? Who does that????

I was disfellowshipped because - a young lady that I knew (also a former Witness) was thrown out on the street for being pregnant- didn't have anywhere to go... and I told her she could live with me until her boyfriend, my friend- (also a former witness) got their apartment 3 weeks later. The elders told me that she was not my problem and that I had to put her out - if I wanted to stay in Jehovah's organization.... I looked at them and said...where is she supposed to go? They answered are you having sex with her? I said no...but she's living with you? Yes- she sleeps in my 2nd room. So where is she supposed to go? That's not your concern... So I'm supposed to put a pregnant teenager out on the street where ANYTHING could happen to her vs let her stay in the safety of my home until she can have a secure place to live- ... Wow. Do what you want- and I left.

THIS is what people don't know about! This is the kind of thing that happens in those backrooms- folks get DF'd for having scratchoff lottery tickets... but somebody is in the hall messing with kids, they don't get the proper authority involved... come on man....

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BL Washington:

I loved your very touching first post (almost brought me to tears) and I applaud you on your bravery! Being kicked out of your home as a teenager (and at some point living in your car) is a terrible thing. Words cannot describe how hateful they are! You were not the first young JW who was told "it's either our way or the highway". You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. I am sorry about what happened to your friend.

We all know the JW religion is a tragedy, but I feel the worst thing it does is separate family members. Just hearing about all the convoluted lies you related and people who were denied contact with blood relatives who were looking for them - all on account of this no-account religion - sends me over the edge!

Welcome to the forum and I wish you the best of success.

• clarity
    clarity

BL ....your story brings up a lot of emotions, thanks for writing it.

>

Glad you found this site where we are all accepted even tho we

all have a unique origins & various beliefs.

>

Looking forward to hearing more and a big welcome to you.

clarity

• Comatose
    Comatose

Wow, what an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it! I am so happy you found your dad and siblings and have a great relationship with your step mom. Very cool! WELCOME to the site. Glad to have you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit