Intro - First time Post- Ventilation (it's a good read actually)

by BLWashington 52 Replies latest jw friends

• scary21
    scary21

Welcome.... Great story !

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Welcome. I do hope life continues in a good direction for you!

Christian Love

Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• SAHS
    SAHS

“BLWashington”:

Welcome to the Board! Experiences like yours are being added pretty well daily. There’s always the same common elements appearing: control, manipulation, shunning, coldness (lack of love), and then, thankfully, an awakening and redefining of one’s life with a newfound objectivity and freedom. I’m always impressed and encouraged when someone like yourself has the mental fortitude and personal integrity to wake up and bust out of the silly little box into which the Watchtower tries to keep us in.

“. . . an idea . . . A mammoth class action civil suit agains the WTS for a bevy of psychological afflictions that affect many EX JWs that have an effect on us YEARS after we leave the organization.”

Actually, some form of mass action resulting in general public awareness and governmental policy changes against organizations like the Watchtower could very well be on the immediate horizon – consider these two links below which my dad (a longtime JW elder) just forwarded to me regarding significant changes regarding the destructive and unfair policies within the Roman Catholic Church:

http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/roman-catholic-church-being-deconstructed-declared-criminal/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzvo7hp0ntY

If a significant international legal counter-revolution like that could transpire against such a monolithic and, up until now, “untouchable” institution as the Roman Catholic Church, then one would think that there would be hope for some kind of reform, or at least control, of the pukey little Watchtower corporation. One can only hope, but an action with any real power would have to start with a well-broadcast public educational campaign along with the right legal propositions delivered to the right people who have enough legal and political power and expertise to actually implement results.

I wouldn’t lose hope with your idea to propose some sort of closure and compensation for victims of the Watchtower, even if the best result could just be limited to words – words which could be the catalyst to, if nothing else, facilitate the mass exposure of the fraudulent and destructive nature of the Watchtower and implement some kind of controls to set reasonable limits on what they can get away with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit