Rutherford's Paradise - Film Footage of Beth Sarim

by RayPublisher 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• cedars
    cedars

tootired2care

Ray I have nothing but respect for you, but seriously man your commentary on the left as the video is playing is over the top and into the distant realms of speculation. I think it actually provides a good piece of evidence for them to marginalize the anti-watchtower movement.

I respectfully disagree. Rutherford is plainly drunk in this video. He sticks his tongue out twice, can be seen lurching with fruit as though unsteady on his feet, and is actually seen drinking at one point. Ray did superbly not to state the obvious inebriation as fact, but instead invited his audience to draw their own conclusions. There's nothing wrong with his commentary. If anything, it's too measured - but always better to err on the side of caution.

Cedars

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I disagree. Rutherford is plainly drunk in this video. He sticks his tongue out twice, can be seen lurching with fruit as though unsteady on his feet, and is actually seen drinking at one point. Ray did superbly not to state the obvious inebriation as fact, but instead invited his audience to draw their own conclusions. There's nothing wrong with his commentary. If anything, it's too measured - but always better to err on the side of caution.

I saw that too, but I've watched silent films and people just look wierd in those films when there is no sound, also people do in fact do silly things when they are not drunk. Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion but this video seems like it will help the WT play the bullied victim card instead of exposing their cover ups.

• cedars
    cedars

tootired2care

I saw that too, but I've watched silent films and people just look wierd in those films when there is no sound, also people do in fact do silly things when they are not drunk. Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion but this video seems like it will help the WT play the bullied victim card.

I know exactly where you're coming from, but I think we both know he was drunk in this film. Jehovah's Witnesses have a seige mentality and regard everything as persecution, but if I were an indoctrinated JW watching this my thoughts would be (1) this guy's drunk, and (2) wow, the maker of the video isn't saying he's drunk but is letting me decide for myself. That's impressive.

Cedars

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Well if it does nothing else at least it will connect Rutherturd with his boondoggle Beth Sarim.

• cedars
    cedars

tootired2care

Well if it does nothing else at least it will connect Rutheturd with his boondoggle Beth Sarim.

Very true. Far too few Witnesses know about Beth Sarim.

Also, on your point about how people look on old videos, if you check the video at 11:00 you see some smart people visiting the property who look perfectly fine. The old man on the right in particular appears far more "presidential" than Rutherford.

Cedars

• caliber
    caliber

"Up till at least 1930, Mary rutherford lived at 160 N. Primrose Avenue. I suspect that she and Joseph moved there in the early 1920s so Joseph could go to the nearby Pottenger Sanatorium (less than a mile away), where pulmonary diseases were treated. Rutherford's lungs were badly damaged after his prison release 1919 . I suppose that when he seperated from his wife, he had no use for the Sanatorium as well."

On his death certificate,his status is married and his wife is named as Mary Rutherford. Where was she at this time and how come we never see or hear anything about her?

After the Society left Pennsylvania they acquired some farmland on Staten Island in New York. At that time Staten Island was like another planet in terms of accessibility: there were some bridges from the New Jersey side of the island, or the Staten Island ferry from the southern tip of Manhattan. This provided a summer home for Rutherford... for six months he was in San Diego (likely couldn't take the winter conditions of New York )
    Later he resided in Beth Sarim (1929)

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

The old man on the right in particular appears far more "presidential" than Rutherford.

Yes, perhaps dubs should expect their modern day vicar of christ to look more presidential, I guess the HS just wasn't with him that day.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You could say Rutherford got (his) paradise by way of exploiting the availible money $$$ from the WTS. and by

exploiting other people's naivety, insecurity and ignorance by publishing cunning endeavored bullshit

through the publishng house.

In a ironic way, it could be seen as a true American success story through individualistic religious freedom.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

tootired2care

Ray I have nothing but respect for you, but seriously man your commentary on the left as the video is playing is over the top and into the distant realms of speculation. I think it actually provides a good piece of evidence for them to marginalize the anti-watchtower movement.

I did consider this aspect and you do have a point. Like Cedars though, I tried to be fair about it and point out what I saw, and then let viewers decide for themselves. The videos that I make are primarily made for those that have already awakened to TTATT, and not to some deeply indoctrinated JW.

I am not out to destroy a hardcore JW's faith- many of these only have the WT scaffholding to keep them from imploding in their personal life. My main goal is to educate and uplift the non-JW population, including the ones that have faded or been DFed. Heaven knows there are many thousands of DFed ones that are still "mentally in" and need help to break free from WT thinking.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

On his death certificate,his status is married and his wife is named as Mary Rutherford. Where was she at this time and how come we never see or hear anything about her?

Mary Rutherford died "on or about December 17, 1962 in California"

Name: Mary M Rutherford

Estimated birth year: 1868-1869

Birthplace: Missouri

Relation to Head-of-house: Head

Race: White

Home in 1930: Monrovia, Los Angeles, California

Now we know specifically that she lived in Monrovia, Los Angeles, (at least in 1930) and that she was the head of her own household. That fits with the fact that she was separated from "Judge" Rutherford.

The census next gives information on her home status. It says that she owned her own house, her house was valued at $5000, and her house included a radio set.

More could be found from the JWN archives.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/76946/1/Rutherfords-wife-why-the-info-blackout

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit