What's the weirdest health advice given by a JW?

by Julia Orwell 48 Replies latest jw friends

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

The weidest that I heard and know personally was the mushroom tea. You took part of someone elses mushroom and started you own tea. It had to "work" for 10 days to two weeks. Then you drained off the "tea" and drank it. It was supposed to cure any and everything. I drank it and my mom grew the "tea" in the refrigerator, it was nasty tasting. The mushroom would cover the liquid tea with a thick growth. I laugh at it now, what idiots we were.

Point: If you have a health problem, go to a doctor.

How about those Shakley Vitimans?

• creativespirit
    creativespirit

Put a raw garlic clove in each ear to prevent colds.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

witness my fury. I never made the connection with my husbands facination and collection of Hulda clarks books etc. It is relegated to a back corner of storage now, but he was highly into it years ago ( though not during his active JW years)

Emma, he also did this black walnut tea "cleanse" concoction that made him very sick and then pass "gall stones" that he would count inthe toilet untila specific number was reached. But wh swore by it and scheduled this cleanse every year. He at the time was completely healthy..... until he was about 42 when all the sh!t hit the fan.

And now we wonder why he is plagued with so many autoimmune diseases and bizzare other dangerous, lifelong ailments!

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

"Don't worry about your health because the END is so near, we can eat and drink all we want and Jehovah is going to replace our body with a brand new one".

"Don't Excersise because it's beneficial for little". "Drinking large quanites of wine will extend your life because the French do it"

JWs would quote the French Paradox (Wine, butter and fresh veggies with limited portions) reflecting only on the heavy drinking and forget the French eat small meals and exercise and sit at the table enjoying conversation with family and friends, the Dubs picked the "Wine" portion and dumped the rest of the "French Paradox".

Watching them come to Home-Town Buffet and eat ten plates of pre-made food is disgusting but if they drink two bottles of wine it's going to cancel out their physical-stasis, heavy eating and angry and judgemental outlook.

We got a JW in my old Congregation who sells "Super Sugars" for $900 USD a month, his family was always selling the MLP products trying to get rich off the brothers.

There's a Herbal Witch Doctor who was selling hope in Oceano, California area to JWs with Cancer, she is a real piece of shit, I think too many JWs Zone-out when con and hucksters offer their herbal advice and tell the Witnesses to avoid Chemotherapy or Gene-Therapy, I know the Herbal-Witch Doctor was one of the people who claimed her herbs would heal anything while the brothers and sisters were dying of cancer. I hate this women to this day, I know three Witnesses who refused Chemo and went the vitamin route putting cash in her pocket. The Kingdom Hall was where she took orders for her bogus herbs, her track record was poor for all the claims she made. The people who took the herbs died just as quick as the Chemo did, Witnesses need to be cautioned their fellow Witnesses are out to make a dollar and use the Kingdom Hall as a Front to make money.

• joyfulfader
    joyfulfader

my poor grandmother was duped by this sister into buying all sorts of wacky products that cost an arm and a leg. the worst and most expensive (hundreds of dollars) was called the "polarity pillow". It was claimed to have amazing properties like purify ur water just by waving it over the outside of your water pipes. it magically transformed aluminum into silicon just by passing it over the beach chair or pot of your choice. of course it had the disclaimer that if you had any of the "treated" items tested they would not show the change but YOU would "know". it also supposedly kept fruit from spoiling and cured the body of.various ailments. it was a metal box filled with dirt in reality. that was just one of the products that awful woman peddled to the elderly ones in the kh. Infuriates me still...20 years later.

• Designer Stubble
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LISTEN, OBEY AND BE BLESSED, the prescription for eternal life...

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

The weirdest health advise given by a JW? That's easy....be a witness like me...& drink the kool-aide...it'll help whatever ails you.

Legacy

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Legacy that's funny!

I've heard that colloidal silver can cure everything. A brother I know used to drink it every day and now his skin has turned grey from it!

Also this sis I know peddling essential oils or nice smelling oils or whatever they are, doterra is the name. It can help with autism and ptsd. Yeah, right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit