Do You Care About "The Royal Baby"?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'd be more interested to see if Charles will ever become King.

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi all,

The entire Royal family are a bunch of Welfare recipients...they don't work, they live off the gov't/people. Just show up at different places. Just ask yourself, what do these folks do all day.."Just stand on ceremony".. I just hope that the baby is healthy, other than that it's just as if the wife down the street had a baby. You don't know them but of them....They are going to name the child...Lil Prince...

Later Yawl,

Legacy

• minimus
    minimus

Legacy sums it up nicely.

• Quandry
    Quandry

If I'm not mistaken they take on many social and ambassador funtions for the government, as well as the fact the both William and Henry have done extensive military service. The benefit in tourist dollars alone is astounding. They offer stability to the people, and a sense of belonging and history to the English.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i guess he will eventually----but his best achievement was being used as the design model for the FA cup---a UK football thing

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Just another media distraction from the real issues we face.

• Glander
    Glander

The benefit in tourist dollars alone is astounding. They offer stability to the people, and a sense of belonging and history to the English.

Well said. British Royalty is a lucrative dog and pony show and it helps to bring in a new pony once in awhile.

• minimus
    minimus

Glander, the boy isn't a pony.

• BU2B
    BU2B

Nope.

PS- the British Monarch is not powerless as many think. The queen has the power to dissolve parliament and has done so twice in Canada in the past decade. The office is not merely ceremonial as it is in many Euro nations. That family is the biggest welfare recipients in the world, sucking off the taxpayers tit like leeches IMO

• Mum
    Mum

I care about all babies, but most of all for my 6-month-old great granddaughter. I feel for the royal baby because he cannot have a normal childhood. I stated in another post that I want him to be able to do things like play tag with his friends, climb trees and eat crabapples, look for 4-leaf clovers, hike in the woods and eat wild berries - things I got to do which I treasure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit