There Is No 'Heavenly Hope'!

by The Searcher 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@UCANTNOME

I am very pleased that you quoted Matthew 22:30, " for in the resurrection neither do men marry nor are women given in marriage, but are as angels in heaven" - because I have one serious objection/lack of understanding to this verse.

If this verse is genuine, it contradicts what God said about Adam at Genesis 2:18 - "It is not good for man to continue by himself." Also, it means that after the last person is resurrected back to life, Planet Earth will become the biggest Singles club in the whole universe!!

It doesn't seem realistic at this point in time, but hopefully we'll discover what the truth is regarding Jesus' words.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

sounds really boring

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i always wanted to learn to play the harp

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I just want to die at a ripe old age when I'm sick of life.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@JWFACTS

Adam was given explicit instructions regarding taking care of the earth and also to populate it. He was also warned that if he sinned he would die - no other cause of death given. His death was as a result of his sinning - according to the Scriptures we are discussing.

As regards the kingdom, Jesus told his listeners to store up treasures in heaven, because all of mankinds future benefits will emanate from heaven to faithful mankind as is seen at Revelation 21:3,4.

I receive benefits from the laws by being a UK citizen, but I am nowhere near the government in London.

The parable of the rich man and someone called Lazarus was simply that - a parable, which Jesus used to drive home his point.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 14:1 - 3

It makes absolutely no difference where we spend eternity, as long as it is with Jesus in the place He has prepared.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/198375/1/Rich-Man-and-Lazarus

• Terry
    Terry

Adam shed nobody's blood.

Eve shed nobody's blood.

Both parties placed their own authority above that of Jehovah.

For an exact mirror of the first human pair to be "propitiated" or ransomed there would have to be a Jesus and a Jesus' wife sacrifice.

Jesus was killed by betrayal and secular authority of Rome. His crime was the irony of usurping the Authority of Caesar. And even that was a lie.

The serpent betrayed Eve by lying to her and the deception was due to a total lack of skepticism.

The gaping flaw in the Fall of Man story in Genesis is twofold.

1. Jehovah, by not exectuing judgment immediately, guaranteed there would exist a world of dying humanity.

2. Since the wages of sin is death itself, what further price would be necessary than the death of both Adam and Eve?

All through human history and well before the law of Moses pagan minds invented a way of appeasing angry gods. That method

of bribery was human sacrifice.

When the so-called "sacred secret" of scripture is finally unveiled it turns out to be----the very same plan as Pagan methodology: human sacrifice.

What we have here is bad plotting and too many logic loopholes.

At any time in history Jehovah, the so-called "offended party", could choose to forgive humanity for its weaknesses and ignorance and wilfull conduct

simply because He runs the universe and is the source of all righteous principle.

Satan, as a character, is a plot device.

The idea that an "accuser of God" would be tolerated for thousands of years in the very assembly of the heavens while a disobedient human down on earth

has to be dealt with in "one day" seems a stretch of consistency.

To my way of thinking, what the Fall of Man story turns out to be is a primitive folk wisdom and effort to answer a child's question about why

humans don't live in the best of all possible worlds. After all, God could create a better world--unless something went wrong somewhere.

The "God" of the Eden story can barely keep up with events and only then after a follow up investigation.

Things seem to have gotten out of hand when He was not paying close enough attention.

Remember, when Cain was plotting the death of Abel, Jehovah seems to have learned his lesson and comes right out with an attempt

at intervention by warning Cain.

One wishes that same vigilant Jehovah had popped in on the Eve and serpent conversation with a stern contradiction or two.

Wouldn't THAT be a way around Eve's falling into unwitting deception?

Oh yeah. But then, we still would be living in the NOT best of all possible worlds and the story wouldn't serve to scapegoat humanity.

• nightvision
    nightvision

Philippians 3v20-21 Even says the same in the NWT . only intellectual dishonesty of the worst kind would lead to any other conclusion .

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Adam was given explicit instructions regarding taking care of the earth and also to populate it. He was also warned that if he sinned he would die - no other cause of death given. His death was as a result of his sinning - according to the Scriptures we are discussing.

It simply says he was to populate the earth, and would die if he ate of the fruit. That does not mean he was to live for infinity on earth. Once the earth was populated, any number of other instructions could have been given. You have made up a doctrine based on what you want to believe, not based on anything that was actually written. To claim humans will live forever, and ever, and ever, and ever ... and then a bit more on this planet ... shows total ignorance as to how the universe operates.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ JWFACTS

You said - " That does not mean he was to live for infinity on earth".

I don't agree or disagree with that - we just don't have any further information from the Scriptures - that's what I base my present knowledge on. If we get "new light" on the matter................!!

How the universe "operates" - now there's a thought!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit