Notes from a Recent Discussion with a relative of why I am not an active JW anymore.

by JakeM2012 59 Replies latest members adult

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I didn't know that the WTS teaching taught that the ransom applied for the 144K only. Welp, this is a simple point to use for my potential DA letter.

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

I enjoyed reading this discussion. Now go shave off that filthy beard. LOL, just kidding

• TD
    TD

Good conversation and well done.

He'll be shocked for awhile, but the routine of meetings and the reassurance being around other true believers will dissapate the bolt of lighting.

A year from now, he won't even remember the conversation at all.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

He'll be shocked for awhile, but the routine of meetings and the reassurance being around other true believers will dissapate the bolt of lighting.

A year from now, he won't even remember the conversation at all.

Never underestimate the potential there is with a little "wedge of doubt".

It all starts with one little point breaking through...........

Doc

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Brilliant Jake. Yes an old friend of mine keeps saying, but we are the only ones doing the preaching work and I have also decided to use what you said. What are they preaching about? The end of the system and a paradise earth which is not what the early Christians preached about. Also the small detail of has it come yet, 130 years on? So the thing about we are the only ones fulfilling Matt. 24 : 14 doesn't hold up under scrutiny. Thanks for a concise review of the dates, very helpful. Hope you keep your friend.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Thank you all for your comments, it makes me feel better that perhaps I didn't put my neck out that far. Update: I had a motorcycle accident recently that has me down, but my friend continues to call me every week to see how I am recovering. Only time will tell, It would be interesting if in a year he doesn't remember anything.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Get better man. Get some rest and don't stress.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Hey Jake, I hope you heal quickly from the accident. It is kind that your friend is coming to see you during this time.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

Brilliant - so honest, heartfelt and clear - I hope your friend recognized your genuineness.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Sure they preach their version of the "good news" - just not the Bible's version.

Anyone who teaches the "plan of salvation" at the doors, as part of the "good news", can expect a Star Chamber JC in their immediate future.

Been there, done that, and am living their "reward" - internationally shunned and slandered as an apostate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit