Notes from a Recent Discussion with a relative of why I am not an active JW anymore.

by JakeM2012 59 Replies latest members adult

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Thanks for sharing. Your conversation is an excellent example for all of us. It's non-judgemental, not aggressive, heated or emotional. You shared simple, clear facts.

Your friend is trying to cling to threads of 'truth' about the Org. My parents are the same way. They know it's messed up in many ways but it's 'still the truth'. And so many have invested their lives in this faith - important choices about where they live, where they work, how they are educated. They've raised kids in the religion and have grandchildren in as well.

Many aging JW's are tired and silently disappointed.

• James Jackson
    James Jackson

WOW!!! This is great! I am starting to saving information like this. Thank you for taking the time to post info like this. I know it takes alot of time to type stuff like this.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I do like your straightfoward reasoning - especially.

I then said, “Jehovah’s Witnesses are an end time religion, and their teachings have an expiration date that is expired

Do you think that a loving God would tease people for 130 years?

what good news do I have to share with anyone in the door to door ministry?” “Not one thing that we have expected has come true

As to the result of the conversation? If he is really concerned with truth then he will think.. If , like too many he sees it as personal attack on his cherished belief system - it may be the end of a beautiful friendship

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Jake, I wanted to ask you about your beard." "I was shocked when you came out to greet me. I've been in the truth along time and I know when someone has a beard it means they are either coming in the truth or they are leaving it."

LOL!!! Funniest/stupidest thing that I have heard in a while! THE EVIL BEARD!!!! I almost fell out of my chair! Jake, your the man! Hang in there. Great post Brother, I will be reading it again. You just said it like it was, now it's up to him...

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great reasoning. I wonder how long before your friend turns you into the elders in a misplaced show of loyalty to the organization?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Thank you Jake!

Hope you don't mind, but I used your story on a DelphiForums message board forum entitled "Adult Christian Forum"

There may be JW reaction that you might want to check out.

Re: Mediatorshi p

BIBLE:

1 Timothy 2:5,6 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all"

WATCHTOWER

Through the new covenant, Jehovah makes blessings available to many by means of a few. Those in the covenant are few, a mere 144,000. Through them, millions from all nations will be blessed with everlasting life in an earthly paradise. Some who are in the new covenant serve Jehovah on earth today. They alone properly partake of the bread and the wine because the cup "means the new covenant."

WT 3/1/12 page 17

"Likewise, the Greater Moses, Jesus Christ, is not the Mediator between Jehovah God and all mankind. He is the Mediator between his heavenly Father, Jehovah God, and the nation of spiritual Israel, which is limited to only 144,000 members." Worldwide Security Under the "Prince of Peace" pp. 10-11

"Is Jesus the "mediator" only for anointed Christians? … So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the "mediator" only for anointed Christians. …The "great crowd" of "other sheep" that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the "little flock" of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant." Watchtower 1979 April 1 p.31

"They recognize that they are not spiritual Israelites in the new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, nor part of the "chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation."-1 Pet. 2:9. 24 Yet they do benefit from the operation of the new covenant. They benefit from this just as, in ancient Israel, the "alien resident" benefited from residing in among the Israelites who were in the Law covenant.-Ex. 20:10; Lev. 19:10, 33, 34; Rev. 7:9-15. 25 To keep in relationship with "our Savior, God," the "great crowd" needs to remain united with the remnant of spiritual Israelites." Watchtower 1979 November 15 p.27 Benefiting from "One Mediator Between God and Men"

• laverite
    laverite

Jake - that was beautiful.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Their denying us Jesus a our messiah, one can not have Jesus be our ransomer and not be in the new covenant, he (Jesus) said when he starting talking about the new covenant 'this means my body and blood speaking of the bread and wine. He then went and died sacrificing himself as his end of the contract/covenant. So theres no way the Society can say that he died for mankind but only a few are in the new covenant, can't have one without the other. So they deny their members the messiah.

• Freethinking76
    Freethinking76

I have to print this! This is so good.

• applehippie
    applehippie

Keeping for reference. Very nice discussion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit