Rudds new asylum seeker policy

by barry 110 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

but if a high number of asylum are muslim I would also assume many may want sharia law would that be reasonable? People of another religion don't usually push for sharia law do they? And sharia law is a barbaric law would you agree?

If they are ESCAPING from that...not necessarily.Its a big assumption.

And you use Ayaan Hirsi as an example earlier...SHE doesn't want Sharia law. In fact SHE is an atheist. What makes you assume that they all want to bring sharia law with them, when that may be what many are trying to escape from. Is it REALLY the assylum seekers that are demanding these things. Or just some immigrants from Islamic countries?

And not ALL of sharia law is barbaric...but I agree, some of it is. And the parts that are, are VERY barbaric.

But I still don't know why you are projecting that onto most assylum seekers. Most of them are wanting help...not making demands.

• barry
    barry

still thinking, I never sad they all want sharia law in fact I said some would want to leave it behind didn't I

• mP
    mP

barry

still thinking , I never said they were the asylum seekers that wanted sharia law but if a high number of asylum are muslim I would also assume many may want sharia law would that be reasonable? People of another religion don't usually push for sharia law do they? And sharia law is a barbaric law would you agree?

mP:
    If they dont want sharia law then why do so many fail to change their culture ? Go along the canterbury railway line and each of those suburbs is a little middle east. There are dozens of women in burkhas and men with beards, halal, mosques and so on.

It seems strange to say they want to escape this when they voluntarily continue the tradition that made their former homelands a shithole. I feel sorry for them that they continue away from their homeland the very root or cause that has destroyed their countries.

Shariah law is basically a copy of the ancient Torah. Theres a lot of similarities in it down tot he dietry customs. They are more similar than they are different.

Whlie modern judaism has moved forward, this is not true of typical islam. By typical i mean the mainstream islam practiced by most of the world. The problem is they are building their communities towards a replication of their homeland. The bigger their communities the more it starts to smell like old downtown Lebanon.

• mP
    mP

x

• mP
    mP

jeffro:

Would you let one of these boat people into your house for a year while they get on their feet ?

I personally would make it a condition that if they stayed in my home that they never visit a mosque or pray or even have a Koran. If they want to leave their old customs and the supposed terrors then they have to assimilate.

• barry
    barry

I think it would be a good approach to assimilate them into society to stay in our house for a year.

We could have beer, bible and koran nights. End of ramadan fiest with roast pork on a spit down at the mosque. Have fancy dress partys with hijab and burqu and play the great game of spot the suicide bomber.

Many a good hospitable people even though the religion is shit.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mP:

Would you let one of these boat people into your house for a year while they get on their feet ?

Their method of arrival would not be the determining factor.

I personally would make it a condition that if they stayed in my home that they never visit a mosque or pray or even have a Koran. If they want to leave their old customs and the supposed terrors then they have to assimilate.

Depends. If they were a Muslim who bangs on about the Koran like some Christians bang on about the Bible, then probably not. (And I wouldn't let one of those Christians stay for a year either.) If they were more moderate, then maybe.

It would be extremely bigoted to make up rules about where they go or what they read if it doesn't affect me.

• barry
  • mP
    mP

@jeffro

Its not bigotry, its doing them a favour and teaching them that their religion screwed up their home. All countries filled with violence in some form were created via religion. The establishment, government, the social classes are all reinforced by religion in some major form.

Religion is a disease and a poison that only brings misery. i not only blieve that its a fact, just look around the world and the common factor in all places in strife in religion.

• mP
    mP

jeffro

Their method of arrival would not be the determining factor.

mP:

The problem is allowing people to lie and employee criminals against any country is wrong because it teaches and sends the wrong message that violence, lying and disrepsect pays. Just recently they rioted the day after the announcement with the damages due to fire and more costing over 60$M. Who goes to a friend for a help and stays at their home and then burns their house down ? We dont need criminals like that, they arent special and we dont need those types bringing their customs from other places.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit