Protesting

by zound 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

H zound, What is your objective of your peaceful protest? What would be your ideal result? Are you trying to plant seeds of doubts in JWs (or Bible Students), are you trying to attract news media attention, or something else?

Since I checked out CCMC from my local library, it may take me awhile to read all of page 179 to understand Steve Hassan's objectives for "picketing, demonstrating, or otherwie exposing a particulars groups activities". I do feel after reading your excerpt from page 179 that Steve Hassan would not recommend protesting at WTBTS DC's/assemblies to plant seeds of doubts in R&F JWs [especially "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JWs]. I base my opinion on other parts of CCMC where Steve Hassan relates how his father tried to convince him that Moon was full of it because Moon's organization owned an M-16 factory in Korea and Steve Hassan did not believe his father.

By the way you asked JWN members about what slogans to put on your sign, why not ask Steve Hassan by contacting him through his email contact form on his website at http://freedomofmind.com/Contact/index.php. I have contacted either Steve Hassan or his employees several times asking for him to sign White House petitions to remove tax exempt status for non-profit organizations that are dangerous cults to asking when CCMC will be published as an ebook or in another digital format. I have usually gotten a response within 2 business days.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• zound
    zound

ABibleStudent, I didn't say Steve Hassan recommended protesting, or even bring up Steve Hassan - you did. There is nothing more on that page that's relevant, it simply mentions that he protests or protested. It mentions something more specific in one of his other books, but I'm not really willing to try and find that passage for you.

To answer your question. Plant seeds of doubt in peoples minds, and openly stand up for something I believe in.

"A bunch of protesters at an assembly. Whilst I didn't immediatly wake up, it planted a seed in my head" "The silent lambs protest shocked and helped hubby and I to finally start researching and finally wake up."

I put this topic up here for suggestions of slogans, not because I can't think of one myself, but to get people involved in a small way.

• zound
    zound

For anyone interested - I finally got an email back from Steve Hassan's staff regarding this:

Our work with ex-JW's continues to grow and information on our website helping ex-JW's continues to accumulate. We believe in peaceful picketing, as long as it is respectful and positive. You don’t want to reinforce the doctrine that ex-members are evil and corrupt so it is very important to show respect and to not attack the assembly. You should check to see if you need a permit and perhaps speak with local police beforehand to let them know so they can be of assistance if needed. Thanks and please remember to be respectful and follow any rules that apply in your local area.

• krejames
    krejames

@Blondie I was about to post about the irony of the OP because my friend who was in Bethel for 25 years who, about a year ago (in response to something in a watchtower) told me he (or maybe it was someone he knew) took part in a protest in Brooklyn to do with a building. I wonder if it's the same thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit