I Am Tired Of Hearing People Becoming So Racially Divisive!

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

I don't think that this is going to be rodney king rioting. I think that, firstly, this is different, w different types of players involved. And, secondly, i think that black people have changed since rodney king times. Some of the same cheerleaders are still there. However, i think that their power of influence is going down.

S

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

When Obama spoke about Gates or Marin, he offered his personal thoughts. Not being born Obama

I respect thevalidity of his views. I would expect that he would respect my views. based on my personal experience. Politicians are not evil. There is too much focus on hid persona as tho he were a Klingnon. I admire his administration very much.He sets national security, foreign affairs, the Justice Dept- the entire panoply of the federal govt. People here seem incapable of addressing his actual administration. I am fed up with public officials as oafs. If you are unappy , natural born Americans of a certain age were free to obtain political office. Unlike most here, I went to school with and worked with public officials. They are not demented. I considered running for office. In fact, I may drop all party politics to help consumerd.

The realit is thar we remain tainted by racism. The percentage of black males in prison proves the point. Racism exisred on both sides of the Zimmerman tragedy. There is general societal racism for which Geo. Zimmerman is not guilty as an individual. Besides, Obama's imaginery child would be black. He did not comment further.People's experience shod inform their views. I assume the President has views on dress and hairstyles.

• minimus
    minimus

Hopefully, the Justice Dept. will not try to recharge Zimmerman.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Civil suits by tm's family are a possibility, i would say.

S

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Civil suits by tm's family are a possibility, i would say.

I'd contribute, I would say.

• booker-t
    booker-t

It never ceases to amaze me how some Caucasian people(not all) get mad if blacks, and Hispanics, and Asians speak up for themselves and call them "overly" sensitive but when white people speak up for themselves it is considered "assertive''. Everybody has the right to safety, security, and police protection no matter what your race or culture. Trayvon Martin was just walking home from a 7-11 store minding his own business when George Zimmerman approached him. The police had already told him not to approach Trayvon but Zimmerman disobeyed law enforcement and played "wanna be" cop and it resulted in the death of a 17 year old youth. If only Zimmerman had obeyed the police and left Trayvon alone none of this would have happened. I do believe Zimmerman should have received manslaughter and served some jail time. If Trayvon had have been a young Caucasian male Zimmerman would have never even got out of his car. Race was a factor no matter how you cut, slice, or dice it. I am glad Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are speaking up and I hope the Justice Dept files civil rights violation. I do not believe "all" white people are prejudice but I do believe a "large" percentage of white people are and the ones that are not just stand by and "keep" their mouths shut when they see bigotry and I think this is just as bad as racism. One thing I can actually say in "defense" of the KKK is that at least they do not try and pretend they like blacks and Hispanics they let you know up front they hate you. Many whites feel the same way but don't say it out loud. I believe if you are a "racist" admit to it but be prepared to suffer the consequences for your unlawful behavior. My prayers go out to Trayvon's parents Sabrina and Tracey Martin.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I am glad Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton et-al are speaking up ... and reminding everyone how culpable they are in this whole thing. Bollocks to 'political correctness' - they are racists, plain and simple.

Now, can we have a stop to the endless repetition of the irrelevent "facts" that some people think make GZ guilty. It's getting boring. You need to let it go because the trial is over. No one is going to win a case against him because there isn't one.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

You need to let it go because the trial is over.

Both sides. Simultaneously.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Changes will happen. Zimmerman will be held accountable either through the civil courts or possibly the criminal courts on some other charge and Florida law will be changed on the stand your ground crap. Just watch :)

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

If free, Zimmerman will kill again. He is hardwired to do so. And again, it will be "justified."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit