I Am Tired Of Hearing People Becoming So Racially Divisive!

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

Which specific law exactly do you think will change and why does it need to change?

And explain how you think the laws failed this case.

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'll save this thread :)

• Simon
    Simon

"just wait and see" = you haven't a clue but like to make grand claims

So you can't explain what needs to change or why or what laws were wrong but "the law will change".

You've been watching TV haven't you? ... and you learnt a soundbite to repeat on the internet didn't you? ... but you don't know what else to say when someone says "why" or "explain yourself" do you?

• Simon
    Simon

Actually, I would enact some laws to stop this happening again:

It should be illegal for people (including attourneys) to incite hatred or prejudice against any person accused of a crime on the basis of race or to make accusations of racism without solid evidence to support it.

It should be illegal to misrepresent facts with the intent to mislead the public through the release to the media of propaganda such as 5 year old photographs of people involved in a case.

It should be illegal to disrespect true victims of racism and memories of past civil rights activists by comparing them to drug-taking, violent, racist thugs who have committed assault.

I haven't decided the exact penalties yet.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Considering the media barrage, its surprising that anyone hates zimmerman.

S

• Simon
    Simon

Surely you mean: "it isn't surprising"?

(unless my sarcasm filter is wonky)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yeah, sorry. I edited it wrong. The media is so good at creating outrage and nurturing hate for a target. I'm surprised theres anyone who sticks up for zimmerman. 'Course, the jury was shielded from the media.

S

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, it was a complete blitz. To be honest, I can understand how people feel. If all they have to go off is the reporting and media then yes, you would want GZs head on a platter and think he's the devil for the murder of an innocent sweet child ("let's all pray ...").

I think the people who watched the trial and followed it closely and bothered to read up on all the background though have a very different mix of opinions because it was simply a million miles away from what was presented and clearly not the hate crime that the racists want to promote. The media were shameful and criminal - doctoring tapes to make GZ sound racist. That sort of thing doesn't just 'happen' by chance - someone decides to do it to make the story bigger and keep it going longer or to gain political influence.

They are playing with someone's life and it could happen to anyone so I hope everyone who can put effort into condemning GZ and repeating the soundbites but not actually getting the facts doesn't themselve face a public crucifiction one day.

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm surprised theres anyone who sticks up for zimmerman

It's why I think moderate people who haven't just eaten up the propaganda need to negate some of the idiotic things being said.

Plus, I don't think we should give in to racism and right now there are opportunists pushing their racism big time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit