I Am Tired Of Hearing People Becoming So Racially Divisive!

by minimus 48 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Trayvon/Zimmerman....it's all about race....that's what some people keep saying. You criticize the President, and you are against blacks. You talk about illegal aliens and you hate Mexicans. It's so overboard.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Well when the ruler of a kingdom acts in ways that make the peasants feel it is ok... it is ok...

• Laika
    Laika

I am not American so I don't want to come across as judgemental but I thought it was odd when I was following your Presidential election and the left kept accusing Romney of intentionally 'blowing dog whistles to racists' when he criticised benefits or basically anything the democrats supported. As if he was sat down with his strategy team and they discussed ways to fire up white prejudice when he desperately needed minority votes. It made no sense...

I was glad Romney didn't win but not because I thought he was a racist.

• minimus
    minimus

If you disagree with the verdict, you might very well get a nasty label.

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

You express an opinion about anything and someone will hang a label on you. If you're not an ist you're a follower of an ism. Everyone cheers for diversity as long as you're of the same opinion - which isn't diversity at all.

• Simon
    Simon

Accusation of racism is a powerful weapon to discredit people who's opinions you don't like.

It's a despicable tactic to fire at people who are not demonstrating racism and cheapens genuine claims.

• minimus
    minimus

Agreed....it is used too often when it shouldn't be accepted.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Bringing up race when it has nothing to do with the problem at hand, is in itself a form of racism.

• Simon
    Simon

Exactly. You don't have to be white or wear bed sheets to be racist. The NAACP seem to be doing a good job of turning into a loony hate org.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

So many people make a living off of the problems caused by racism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit