Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So to be clear, only black people have a legal right to walk the street in your own neighbourhood? ... that is what some are claiming.

Wow, that was a completely dishonest mashup of something absolutely NO ONE said.

If you get out of your car then anything that subsequently happens is your fault? What utter nonsense.

Also a dishonest mashup of what NO ONE said.

Incredible how some suspend common sense while looking for reasons to cling to mistaken beliefs. You sound just like JWs trying to explain why the WTS interpretation doesn't fit the facts but is still 'the truth'

Says the person trying to claim people said things they never did.

• Simon
    Simon

EP: you are talking crap - this wasn't someone who took a swing that could be avoided. He was punched to the ground, held down and banged on the concrete.

How do you suggest he 'avoid' that then?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There is forensic evidence which is indicative he was in danger.

There is evidence he hit his head and had a broken nose, neither of which was life threatening, neither of which would have happened had not not gotten out of his car specifically to get closer to TM, one of those, as GM put it, assholes who always get away.

He failed to follow the first rule: AVOID.

Its a crime to break somones nose, but you might be right it is not a very serious crime. pinning someone to the ground and pounding them in the head on the other hand is attempted murder.

And we only have GM's word for it that is what was happening. He may have fallen and hit his own head accidentally for all we know. What we DO know is that he failed in the very first rule of carrying a gun: AVOID.

• minimus
    minimus

Correct verdict

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP: you are talking crap - this wasn't someone who took a swing that could be avoided. He was punched to the ground, held down and banged on the concrete.

Taking GM as his word and presuming everything he said is 100% accurate, he avoids it by not getting out of his car specifically and only to chase TM. He was not a LEO, he saw zero crime being committed and he chased someone down. GMs actions created the entire situation.

He avoids it by calling the police and letting them do their job instead of getting out of the car to chase him down.

• Mary
    Mary
    Entirely Possible said: Whether GZ's life was in danger or not when he shot TM we will never know since no one can verify what whappened. Because he was breaking the first rules of carrying a weapon as a civilian, he created a situation where everyone involved lost big time.

Bingo. I don't think GZ set out to purposely murder Trayvon Martin that night, but it was Zimmerman's actions that started the whole thing rolling and in the end, Trayvon Martin paid for it with his life.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

This time the justice system worked...I beleive the verdict is the right one.

• bohm
    bohm

EP: There is evidence he hit his head and had a broken nose, neither of which was life threatening,

EP: That is technically true, but here is the 1000$ question: Someone is pinning you to the ground and beating you in the head. Is that a dangerous situation? expert testimony used in the court sayes yes.

If i pin someone to the ground and beat him in the head, what crime would i normally be charged after?

neither of which would have happened had not not gotten out of his car specifically to get closer to TM,

Why is that relevant? In all cases, you can say something like: If she hadnt walked into the park, my client wouldnt have jumped her.

Zimmerman violated no laws, he violated no instructions. He had every right to do what he did. Thats in the court records.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Where I live, it is drilled into your head that someone taking a swing at you is NOT deadly force that you can respond to with a firearm. Someone takes a swing, follow the first rule, AVOID!”

Where I live, if someone attempts to assault me with physical harm the best thing is to try and get away. If you can’t get away then the best thing to do is use whatever is near to defend yourself. If the person committing the assault ends up dead that’s his problem. He should have AVOIDED thuggery

Marvin Shilmer

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I took the time to read everyone's comments. I by no means wish to offend anyone here by posting my own, but here it is and I'll start with my background.

1) I hold a degree in Criminal Justice

2) 15+ year law enforcement veteran

3) Employed by a District Attorney

I see 2 distinct sides in this debate. One side concentrates on the death of a 14 year old, unarmed boy by an armed man who was told to stay in his car. If Zimmerman just stayed in his car this may have never happened and we would just be enjoying our morning coffee. It's the police's job to handle these matters. The other side concentrates on the laws of the state of Florida and the facts of the case as presented by the police/attorney's office. That side points out that Zimmerman broke no laws, he had the right to be where he was, a right to be armed, a police dispatcher has no authority to tell anyone to do anything, and Zimmerman just defended himself from serious bodily injury or death.

What is the purpose of a criminal trial? Present evidence to a jury in regards to criminal allegations brought against a person by the government. The jury is to follow the law and render a judgement based on facts proven beyond a reasonable doubt. The judgement is either rendered Guilty or Not Guilty. If Guilty, the defendant is punished according to the law. If Not Guilty, they go free.

Zimmerman did murder Martin, but the law provides a defense to prosecution in that he claimed self defense. The jury believed it was self defense based on the law and the facts of the case. Therefor the jury followed the law and render a verdict of Not Guilty.

The United States of America is a republic and not a democracy. It was founded on the principle of individual freedom and liberty. Liberty and freedom from what? An oppressive government. A republic is a form of government based on law and not mob rule. Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

It is my opinion that those who feel George Zimmerman is guilty base that opinion on their own moral philosphy. However, a juror swears an oath to follow the law. In this case the jury did just that.

I think it was best said recently by an east coast man in his city council chambers, "Your dead do not trump my rights."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit