This is my first time. Please be patient.

by Miss.Fit 62 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I have never posted before. I have been lurking for a few days and have decided to give it a try. The subject of child abuse caught my eye. I can relate to this subject. I wanted to share my experience.

My mom came In when I was very young. So you can say I was raised in the "Truth".

She was raising 4 children and taking care of a sick husband. When I was 6 I came home from school to find a social worker telling me my mom was in the hospital. I don't remember the exact details but I have this memory of my sisters and me at the Kingdom Hall after a meeting being sent home with Witness families. My baby sister S and I went home with this young Witness couple FPs and my other sister went with an older family friend Granny. I am not sure who my oldest sister ended up with.

The FPs already were signed up to be foster parents because they wanted to try to adopt a baby.

Long story short- my mom was in and out of the hospital (mental break down)l and we were in and out of foster homes. The FPs had S and me for 9 months the first time.

My mom got DF during that time.(not sure why). While staying with the FPs I remember them telling us what an unfit mother we had.

and how we would be better off staying with them. They we

I remember the way they talked about my mom. Very unkind. They would call her unfit.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Use google chrome or firefox. Internet explorer has issues here.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

I'm sickened by the story already...

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Missfit, so glad to see you posting here. This is a good place to visit and get support.

• Laika
    Laika

Miss.Fit, welcome to the board, I like your name.

I don't quite understand your story, but I'm sorry if you suffered abuse at your foster homes. :(

• franticfran
    franticfran

Dont go away miss.Fit, come back, we are listening.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

(((((((((Dear Miss.fit,))))))))))))) You have been through a terrible situation. I'm so sorry It's bad enough to be raised a JW by natural parent/parents with siblings but being torn from all you knew and loved? Terrible! How dare those people bad-mouth your mother to you. What cruelity! How is your mother now? Your siblings? How about you? Are you on your own now? Have you left JWs? Answer only if you feel comfortable. You need support and you will find it here. WELCOME

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

Welcome. I look forward to hearing more from you. The child abuses issue within JW world bothered me quite a bit and after the Candace Conti case I realized I couldn't be "proud" to be a JW anymore. There is much support to be had here :)

Carpe Diem!

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Miss.Fit, You are doing good so far. Keep on posting at a pace that you are comfortable with.

If you want, you can type your post in a wordprocessor first and then copy & paste into the JWN editor. The JWN editor is not as good as Word at correcting grammer and spelling errors and formatting text.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Hi there Miss.Fit, your'e among friends here. It's good to talk isn't it? Hugs..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit