What Is The Most Absurd JW Belief or View?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

God is going to kill everyone who is not a dub, even if they have never heard of the Watchtower. When I came in in 1969, I was told that somehow, everyone on earth would have a chance to hear about "the truth" and accept or deny it by 1975 (er.....maybe, not sure but '75 is a significant date, six thousand years of man's existence, and we can reasonably expect something to happen, but you didn't hear that from the Watchtower, silly you for "going ahead"

Here we are 44 years later, dubs are almost unknown in China, and many other countries. There are more people now who have never heard of dubs than there were back then. And, of course we know the big A didn't happen, nor will it ever.

Absurd doesn't even begin to describe it.

• Perversion of a truth
    Perversion of a truth

That you can bring demons into your house by the music you listen to... There was once this sister visiting our hall from South America, and my parents had her over for dinner and let her read some of the lyrics to some of me and my brothers Tapes, , had to get rid of a few of them due to what she thought was bad or whatever... My mom was crazy though when it came to the demons and there were times she got rid of a few things because she thought it was "demonized"....

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

That non jws would become bird food! I tried not to imagine my baby niece lying dead just because my brother didn't believe in God.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

That the Organization and the GB are chosen and led by Jesus and Holy Spirit.

Absurd in the extreme.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

There was a global flood (that nobody seemed to notice) in 2370 BCE.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Some of the weirdest things are things a JW thicko makes up themselves and then presents it in a pubic talk.

One brother(TM) was waffling on about the universe and how Jehovah(TM) created it. Twas a complete load of old cobblers. I can't remember what he said but it was laughable. Something about colours going out into space. Well, he believed it was the ONLY explanation and tried to force it upon everyone else. He wasn't a bad chap....just a thicko trying to be intellectual.

But then the WBT$ gives power to a dimbo and that's the result.

This was the bloke that still believed for a long time that the talking snakes legs fell off.

...and the WBT$ have never apologised for this clap trap:-

"Man on earth can no more get rid of these demonic `heavens' (the organization of wicked spirits) than man can by airplane or rockets or other means get up above the air envelope which is about our earthly globe and in which man breathes." (The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p. 285)

"The face of the deep, of course, would be toward the Pleiades, which are claimed to be the habitation of Jehovah." (Creation; 1927; 2,175,000 ed.; p. 94)

"The constellation of the seven stars forming the Pleiades appears to be the crowning center around which the known systems of the planets revolve even as our sun's planets obey the sun and travel in their respective orbits. It has been suggested, and with much weight, that one of the stars of that group is the dwelling-place of Jehovah and the place of the highest heavens;..." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

"The constellation of the Pleiades is a small one compared with others which scientific instruments disclose to the wondering eyes of man. But the greatness in size of other stars or planets is small when compared with the Pleiades in importance, because the Pleiades is the place of the eternal throne of God." (Reconciliation; 1928; p. 14)

*** kj 377 20 Land of Magog No More to Threaten Mankind ***The unburied dead, those slain by Jehovah, will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way. This remains for the survivors of the war of the great day to see and witness.

*** yw 322 12 The "Prince" of the Sanctuary Stands Up *** In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of antimatter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he

*** yw 323 12 The "Prince" of the Sanctuary Stands Up ***25. How could Jehovah God use these cosmic rays to affect the king of the north and the king of the south, and what other natural force might he use in his work?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

You can't be saved without WT affiliation.

• Fernando
    Fernando

They call themselves "publishers of the Good News" while it is not in their hearts or on their lips.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• pixel
    pixel

That Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old will return and live in America.

"Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews chapter eleven, to the condition of human perfection" (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, pp. 89-90).

• Ding
    Ding

The idea that God speaks only through them and that whenever they say something wrong it's just because the light is getting brighter and brighter.

They control all of JWs' lives based on that and all their other nonsense is accepted because of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit