What Is The Most Absurd JW Belief or View?

by minimus 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Fernando
    Fernando

That they are "publishers of the Good News".

Not.

You'd be hard pressed to find a single follower of the Watchtower that knows anything about the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and/or Psalms.

Yet, more than half of their Bible's roughly 152 references to "good news" are by Paul alone.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The view or belief that if a family member leaves the “truth” you must shun them and have little to no contact with them.

I have to tread lightly with this wonderful teaching because of my mom and sister. Its been about 3 and a half years since I’ve seen them and Im making plans to fly to see them in the next couple months. My mom seems ok with it but my sister is a little apprehensive.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

The blood issue is a biggie for me too. Learning the truth about all the blood and organ transplant changes started me on learning TTATT. When I was born there were complications and I needed a transfusion. My mom signed documents refusing me the life saving procedure. My non JW dad told the docs/nurses to lose the documents and to save my life.

• minimus
    minimus

Their fear of the demons.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" That pedophiles have a right to go door to door, not only is it OK but that I as an elders wife had to drive them around in my car as demanded to me by the CO. "

According to the Jw's, thinking that you have " personal rights " is independent thinking inspired by demons. Yet they will spend donated funds to battle for their constitutional rights of freedom of religion, while at the same time not allowing individual JW's to hold private religious beliefs.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

That it is forbidden to see a R rated movie, yet, the Bible itself has violent sexual content. That they not only tell married couples how they can and cannot express love they discuss oral sex in detail at their meetings with small children present!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep, the first time I heard the term " anal sex " was at a DC. I was 12, and it was Sam Herd of the GB.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Blood. Hands down. Its the reason I woke up. Plus having to explain the wacky things written in the WT. It was light getting brighter, it was an old lady in front of me with the blinker on.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Data, that reminds me about the meeting where the brother said "and we must abstain from such perversions as oral and anual sex" Everone tried to stifile the giggles But seriously, children are forming their ideas about sex. Is it any wonder many grow up to be sexually twisted????

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

That women like "Selma" should ask themselves what they did to deserve having the sh@! beat out of them. That if you take your beatings , you just might find he stops AFTER 17 YEARS!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit