October 15th WT up already

by St George of England 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

They sound more and more like those people that comment on YouTube posts that directly contradict what they just saw conclusive evidence off with pre-canned messages regarding 'God did it' and 'Evolution is a theory'

• St George of England
    St George of England

I went to the DC today, (Sis George twisted my arm). There was another warning about education I have never heard before:-

Graduation parties getting out of hand!

Well in that case no wonder we should stay stupid.

George

• Gayle
    Gayle

Interesting St George,,poor JW kids can't celebrate anything,, no birthdays, even graduation parties are criticized now too. No wonder most of their youth are leaving.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Higher education, with its emphasis on academic study, often produces graduates who have few or no practical skills, leaving them unprepared to deal with the realities of life.

Nothing like projecting, eh? Let's fix this one:

Theocratic education, with its emphasis on Watchtower study, often produces people who never graduate who have few or no practical skills, leaving them unprepared to deal with the realities of life.

That's much better.

--sd-7

• infernosdante
    infernosdante

i dont read any of their mind numbing drivel anymore,its an insult to education and logic.it holds the same appeal as reading the ingredients in my toothpaste.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Those who teach this doctrine-known as creationism-
    may have high regard for the Bible, but they
    contend that God created all things in six 24-hour
    days just a few thousand years ago.

Eh? When I was a JW they believed the earth is six thousand years old. That the creative days were a thousand years each. A thousand years being to Jehovah as but a day.

Are they trying to pretend they have always agreed with geologists that the earth is billions of years old? Are they saying that the crazy creationists of Christendom believe the earth is only thousands of years old but they are misguided!

• SAHS
    SAHS

And the Watchtower also used to believe that the Almighty Creator, Jehovah God, in heaven was located somewhere in the star constellation of the Pleiades. So much for accurate knowledge from God’s one and only mouthpiece! (Think of some dancing retarded clowns in your mind; I don’t have time to look for such an .mpeg, .gif, or .jpeg right now, as I have to go walk my dog.)

• cantleave
    cantleave

I think I shall be giving this a miss.

Please remember folks that reading the Awake is equivalent to earning a university degree.

• looter
    looter

Just read this one and wow! it is a load of chewstone.

• Oh Gawd
    Oh Gawd

The following stats say it all...JW = idiot

Educational Rank - Religion - Percentage of members that are college grads:

1. Unitarian Universalist: 49.5%

2. Hindu: 47%

3. Jewish: 46.7%

7. Agnostic: 36.3%

18. Catholic: 20%

20. Lutheran: 18%

21. Seventh Day Adventist: 17.9%

27. Baptist: 10.4%