October 15th WT up already

by St George of England 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20131015/

Needless to say, banging on again about education and also creation/evolution. Can they not think of anything original?

George

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks for the heads up!

They're starting to get efficient...

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Wow, I'm only on page 7...

Young-earth Creationists (who believe that the earth was created in six literal days) "reject credible scientific evidence that contradicts their view."

Meanwhile, scientifically proven evolution is a "widespread false teaching that blinds people to the truth about God... contradicts the Bible and robs people of hope."

You couldn't make this stuff up.

Cedars

• sir82
    sir82

They've really been hitting evolution / creation lately.

What gives? Are they just throwing in the towel on anyone under the age of 40 and/or with 3 or more functioning brain cells?

• designs
    designs

JWs and Baptists as snuggle buddies, who would have guessed.

• baltar447
    baltar447

JESUS WAS NEVER OFF DUTY

Guilt guilt and more guilt!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The same old song and dance is all they have. They have recycled everything several times.

" Jesus was never off duty." Seriously?! Jesus was in a perfect body, with the fate of mandkind resting upon his shoulders. He only preached for 3 1/2 years, not his entire life with no hope of an end. He surely took many breaks in a 3 1/2 year period of time. He did not preach 24/7 or work 40+ hours a week so that he could survive and send all his extra money to the WTBTS. TOTAL GUILT TRIP...

• XPineProcessionary
    XPineProcessionary

From the WT Article: Leaning on Jehovah Has Been Rewarding

Take a look at this article and see if the following points stand out to you:

1) "Worn out from anxiety, we wept"

(Hence, the work was not as "rewarding" as they claim).

2) After having served for many years at Bethel until old age, they leave to care for their elderly parents. They get no help so he has to support his family by selling insurance. Then parents die. The reapply to Bethel and this is the response:

"In December 1987, we filled out applications to serve again at Bethel, the place we loved. But only days later, Grace was diagnosed with colon cancer. After surgery and a successful recovery, she was pronounced cancer free. In the meantime, though, we received a letter from Bethel that recommended we continue our ministry with the local congregation."

Translation: They were dumped! Bethel clearly didn't want any old people with medical expenses....

With low paying jobs and probably no retirement, they most likely are living on social security and his wife has recurring bouts of cancer. Notice this man's main concern though:

"Grace has had bouts with cancer of the colon and the thyroid, and recently breast cancer. But she has never complained about her lot in life or challenged the principles of headship and cooperation."

(underline mine).

Wow! What a prick. His wife is dying and struggling, endured being cast off by the branch, has done nothing with her life, but all he can mention is that she obeys headship???

• sd-7
    sd-7

I usually read the new issues when they're out, but...maybe I should pass. The convention is next week for me, and I think I'll have had enough frustration from that alone... Then again, why not? Let's see what food is being served up by the new and improved faithful and discreet slave...

--sd-7

• sd-7
    sd-7

Creation Reveals the Living God

par. 1:

MANY say that they believe only in things that they

can see with their eyes. How can we help such individuals

to build faith in Jehovah? After all, the Bible

says that “no man has seen God at any time [except Moses, who saw God's back for some reason and got all shiny-looking for awhile].”

(John 1:18)

An initial step is to identify

teachings that obscure the truth about Jehovah [like who the faithful slave is, for example?]. Then

we must skillfully use the [Watchtower] Bible to overturn any reasonings

that are “raised up against the knowledge of

[the Governing Body] God.”

...Hey, this could be fun, after all!

--sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit