Open letter – Re: Mr. Bowen, Mrs. Anderson

by Prime 91 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    "Most states have child-abuse reporting laws that, depending on the facts, mandate elders to report an accusation to the authorities. Thus, when elders learn of an accusation of child abuse, two elders from their congregation should immediately call the Legal Department for legal advice."

The law requires reporting to the proper authorities, not to your attorney, nor to the Watchtower Society's attorneys. Seeking advice from the legal department is a risky move. Consider these (rhetorical) questions:

• Does the Watchtower Legal Department employ attorneys admitted to the bar in every state, territory, province, and country where this policy is in effect?
    • Are those attorneys competent to practice this particular legal specialty in each of those places?
    • If not, why do they insist on offering legal advice to citizens in all those jurisdictions?
    • Should there be any conflict of interest, are the Watchtower legal department obligated to protect the interests of the Watchtower Society, or the interests of the elders seeking their legal assistance?
    • If the authorities decide that the reporting requirement has not been met, who is the first person will they hold responsible?
  • free2beme
    free2beme

I have spoken to that Bowen guy before. I wont waste time on someone I thought was terrible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit