My 8 year old daughter tells me she is an atheist...???

by sosoconfused 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

XLNT!

There is hope for today's youth.

• innerpeace
    innerpeace

My 7 yr old son recently asked us how old god was, and when was his birthday. lol

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

What a sweet little girl. You are fortunate that she opens up and tells you her feelings. Hopefully when she gets older she will continue to trust you. She is using her thinking ability and is a deep thinker. I also was bother that children had to sit through adult meetings and I think that came from the fact I was raised a Presbyterian and there was Sunday School and Nursery for the young children. Keep that communication open, you are doing a great job. As Crofty said " out of the mouths of babes". They are just so innocent and tell it just like it is.

• BobFlanagan007
    BobFlanagan007

@ ABibleStudent - Although I believe in God now, when I was younger I considered myself an agnostic. As long as your child critically thinks for herself, is moral, and respects/loves other people, then you have done a good job as a parent.

But unfortunately she'll still probably burn forever in hell LOL

Seriously though, if you carry on encouraging her critical thinking she'll turn out just fine. So what if she grows up to be an atheist?

I work with kids aged 0 to 5 and I really struggle with having to talk to the kids about Jesus, Allah, God whatever as it makes me sad that their parents are filling there heads with such irrational illogical nonesense at an age where they are not able to properly cope with it yet I'm not allowed to say anything that might offend their (by which I mean their parents) beliefs.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The Emperor's New clothes. The little children see the truth! Good on her....

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

I wonder why you told her the whole god thing and didn't just tell her the truth - gods don't exist, they're made up by people to try to explain things they don't understand.

Teaching people religious views like this should be considered child abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit