CAH closing down in upstate NY

by oppostate 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Yup, I remember helping out here when it was being built. I was just a kid.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    The further the Witnesses have to drive to their meetings the less of them will be attending them. Extra gas mileage will deeply cut into the salaries of those who are poor and barely able too pay the rent and eat.
  • hoser
    hoser
    You said some congregations would be assigned to Montreal. So not only travel time but sitting at the border crossing for two hours each way
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee
    West Henrietta is near Rochester NY. A surprisingly lot of Witnesses there. Lots of snow too.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

I helped build that one.

What a waste of resources. They should renovate old buildings if they want to do a good thing for communities, and get positive press.

• prologos
    prologos
    It is so out of the way, for future sales a newly build facility closer to all the Interstate connections would be better for their future real estate dreams. Going to Montreal? nice try.
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They are continuing to sell the old for whatever they can so they can flip the money.

If you get a chance, look at Google images of "Orangeburg Assembly Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses" and see how their newer style of buildings have level floors instead of the traditional sloping theater floors and the whole place looks like it will make a great sporting goods (or other) store or maybe something like a Walmart.

• prologos
    prologos

Yeah, the tilt effect is generated by lifting the video screen up. win win for wt.

Is that stonework on the front entrance gables supported by woodwork? symbolic of the top heavy burden born by the lower wt caste?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I love it when the G.B. makes decisions that put extra hardship on the rank and file .That might be the only way they are ever going to wake up that the G.B. really does not care about their situation .It is all about saving money for the organisation .

smiddy

• Scully
    Scully

That's the Modus Operandi of the WTS, isn't it?

Get JWs to finance and build properties, and then sell the properties for big profit.

Impose additional hardships on the JWs who finance and build the properties that are sold off, such as long distance travel to Circuit Assemblies™, additional expense for fuel/hotel/meals, possibly acquiring a passport to travel outside the country, etc.

I really hope that some people refuse to attend because of this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit