CAH closing down in upstate NY

by oppostate 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• oppostate
    oppostate

Yet another Circuit Assembly Hall is going to be sold off!

They've been reducing the amount of congregations assigned to meet there and using the times when it isn't in use to make repairs. Elders have now been informed that they are selling off the property and buildings and that circuits would be assigned to attend other sites, twice as far, three or four hours away, like Montreal.

They said that it isn't getting a lot of use, but whose decision was it to reduce the number of congregations assigned there by half in the first place and send people to meet several hours away farther?

They 86'ed the book study at people's homes because of gas expenses, and now they aren't worried about the gas and probably hotel expenses when they're assigning congregations to go so frelling and fracking far away?!?!

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Maybe that area has just lost that many members
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Actually that area is growing with legal and some illegal Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese speakers
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away
    My JW in-laws live in upstate NY. Where is this CAH located?
  • Tazemanian-devil
    Tazemanian-devil

Do they somehow get some kind of profit from the hotels I wonder?

Follow the money.

• hybridous
    hybridous
    Yeah, I'm interested in knowing exactly which one we're talking about...

Potentially big impact on the family...
  • steve2
    steve2

This is hardly the action of an organization that is flourishing in terms of growth rates.

It also appears a contradiction to delete the weekly stand alone Book Study to help reduce fuel costs and then assign the local congregations to circuit assembly venues in more distant locations, requiring hours of driving.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    Another good reason to stop going to those snore fests. Take your family to a nice weekend holiday. It will be more memorable and cost less money.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    My JW in-laws live in upstate NY. Where is this CAH located?

Assembly Hall Of Jehovah's Witnesses

272 Farrell Road
    West Henrietta, NY

The site has some very upscale condos on water front property as you can see on google maps by clicking the link above.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Thanks, Oppostate! That's their CAH. My in-laws are nearly 90 years old and travel too far for their assemblies already. I can't imagine that they will be able to travel an even greater distance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit