CAH closing down in upstate NY

by oppostate 30 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Is there any formal confirmation of this such as a copy of letter/announcement?
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

When they sell off the Grantville, PA Assembly Hall, let me know!!! That place is a freakin' dump! So glad I never have to waste a weekend there again. Think the last time was summer of 1999, maybe 2000.

I've never seen an Assembly Hall like the one posted above. It looks like the outside of a Bass Pro, Cabela's, Dick's Sporting Good, Sports Authority, etc. Unbelievable! Doesn't look like any "place of worship" that I've ever seen. Looks a giant office space for a sales meeting, not worship. GB Worship?

• mrquik
    mrquik
    I helped build this hall. Was in a corn field when it was built. Now it's in the middle of a housing tract. Love to know what the local JW's think about losing this hall.
  • PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

WingCommander-Grantville was remodeled maybe 5-7 years ago. Still in the middle of nowhere, but remodeled. They actually had the nerve to tell brothers living 100 miles away, that they had a duty to come mow the lawn.

• user100
    user100
    nice!! I used to go there during the 90s when living in syracuse, ny
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "The further the Witnesses have to drive to their meetings the less of them will be attending them."

Definitely helps if the GB's long-term plan is thinning the herd.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

@ PaintedToeNail: I remember that someone used to live on site to care for the grounds of Grantville. Guess they kicked that guy to the curb, huh? I remember Grantville got a remodel back in the early 00's, wherein they got new carpet, new baptismal pool (I still remember the original one with frogs, iron railing, etc). Do you remember when they still served food there? I do! No longer.

How many times can they polish that turd up?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

WOW !! Jeehoober must have plans for building a Bass Pro or Cabelas in the future!

I didn't think we would need a strip mall with a sporting goods store in the paradise, but who am I to question the universal plan???

DD

• stillin
    stillin
    I haven't seen anything that says that it's the Henrietta Assembly Hall. Is this one of those crazy rumors?
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, as it turns out, the picture of the front doors is an artist's conception or something like that. The actual front doors are in this video, but not much different from the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjAlyDres8E

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit