I have been lurking here for a couple of years. My hubby (inactive & some doubts) and I were just married and I'll be going to his place to meet his family (pretty much dubs). They seem to be friendly and excited to meet me, and I kind of had agreed to attend the kingdumb hall meeting once (in my life time, yep, that's the agreement) and also meeting an elder who brain-washed my hubby during his teen. So I am kind of expecting all those to happen. Here are the things that I foresee to happen:
1. I'll be love bombed by his family, and perharps some of his remaining dubby "friends" and if we go to the congregation, from the congregation of course
2. Indoctrination - endless talk about the Bible, Satan, paganism etc
My hubby and I are planing to move away from the place where his family are, and now it seems like the parents are trying hard to change his mind. Hubby is kind of in-between, doubting in his beliefs, having plenty of worldly friends but very much still mentally in.
I am still contemplating what to do, or what strategy am I going to use when I meet them all and when they put me in the above mentioned situation. Should I:
1. frankly tell them off firmly that I will never ever belief in their craps, that I have done enough research about the JW and I can never agree to their doctrine and policies?
2. frankly tell them off firmly that I have my own belief (I am a Christian), and avoid such discussion at all course?
3. play along and pretend to be dumb and ask many questions, instilling doubts (hopefully)?
I don't want to get my hubby into trouble (family relationship is still very much intact), and as much as I can I would like to show them respect and love them, as I believe they are just victims of deception and are people who are seeking God.
This forum had been very helpful to me in these couple of year, and I believe feedback and advice from you all will be of great help to me and hopefully my hubby in the future too.
And oh, HELLO and NICE MEETING YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE!!