What piece of WT literature is worth holding onto, or have you kept? Why?

by losingit 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

I kept my NWT for reference and occasional laughs.

• losingit
    losingit

When was 'Prince of Peace' published? Is it on the cd-rom? You're right, I don't think mostly witnesses ate aware that's what they're required to believe. I also heard something about a book just on the Holy Spirit. Also on CD- Rom? Curious bc my (ex?) husband was told to read it bc it's inspiring.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I ordered online the old pubs and kept the ones that possibly one day could explain TTATT.

• mindnumbed
    mindnumbed

1968 Awake! bound volume

• Mum
    Mum

Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God because it predicts the end by 1975. There were some Wathtowers and Awakes as well with this "prophecy." I had a copy (don't know if I still have it) of the magazine with "The Generation that Cannot Pass Away" or similar wording.

This is very important for young witnesses who don't believe you when you tell them about 1975. My niece, born in 1975, told me the 1975 thing was made up by individual witnesses. She knows better now and is no longer a dub, I'm happy to report!

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

I kept my Young People Ask books and the bible my mom got for me (and signed a lovely if preachy note) when we went to Bethel. Other than that, I left it all with my parents when I moved out.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The Harp of God!! Why? I found it at my mom's house and wanted to double-check something I read on Jwfacts.com. Guess what?.....

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

I have the complete set of Studies in The Scriptures that are leather bound with gold leaf on the sides. I will keep that for now and anything that is out of print but I am looking forward to this winter when we sit down and burn all of that junk. I was also given permission to sell that set if I wanted to. It was my husbands grandparents set that they never used and is in mint condition! We figured they had a set they studied and this set must have been a special set.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Actually, the Emphatic Diaglot - the old Benjamen Wilson version. If they still publish it.

• cantleave
    cantleave

I kept the proclaimers book, don't know why and an old truth book from when nugget was a little girl (it has some of her notes).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit