What piece of WT literature is worth holding onto, or have you kept? Why?

by losingit 53 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    When was 'Prince of Peace' published? Is it on the cd-rom?

1986, and it's on the cd-rom under the title Worldwide Security. On the cd-rom, the relevant quote about "Mediator" is on page #11.

I had a JW relative claim that the passage about Jesus not being his Mediator is old truth. He simply had never heard of it, and therefore concluded that is must not be current truth. (Which is actually a fairly logical assumption)

I had to tactfully explain to him that Watchtower "truth" is valid until another truth comes out that changes it, regardless of its age.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Most of my JW books I sold or gave to my ex-wife. But I kept the big 1971 NWT, All Scripture is Inspired book, some Yearbooks, and the Commentary on James book. I also kept Russell's books and Rutherford's rainbow collection.

I had 30 years of bound volumes 1956-1985, which I sold to an MS for $100. Hopefully reading the old literature will wake him up.

• prologos
    prologos

snippets of articles in wt, books, Kms the proclaimer book

mainly to show that they actually repudiated the two - tier Christians doctrine by various opinions they printed over the years.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I've kept a lot of the rubbish going back to 1958. Just looking through the 'Paradise Lost' book, it seems like a totally different religion to what it is today... which is partly true, I guess.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I've kept all of mine. reading them again recently has helped me understand some things.

some time i must hunt in the loft for a magazine that has an illustration in it that i want

A relative of mine is having the witnesses call on them so i've given them a few things to discuss from the literature.

• Watkins
    Watkins

I kept the KIT New Testament because it shows wt's additions, changes and substitutions. I doubt now that I'll ever have a chance to use it as 'ammo'.

Oh well.

I burned all the other stuff too, and oh yeah, it felt good! Someone told me it might not even burn, lol - but it did,

with enough petro.

• under the radar
    under the radar

Hey Aunt Fancy: Check your private messages. I'd love to buy your Studies in the Scriptures.

Radar

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

The ONLY peice of literature that I kept was the regular pioneering book Shining as Illuminators of the World and... I can't really tell you WHY I kept it. I think initially it was not a lot of specific dogma in it per se, it was more about how to connect with people, HOW to answer questions (regardless of what those answers might be). I found it helpful in just dealing with day to day people... listening, connecting with people... researching information if you don't have the answers.

It was a lot about technique and not a lot of JW beliefs, so I always kept it. I mean, I did work a year to get the damn thing... LOL.

• SophieG
    SophieG

I have a mini NWT. I also still have that blinking blood card! Why I don't know!

• blondie
    blondie

I would check ebay and other used book sites and see what is going rate based on how good of shape it is in. Keep what is valuable and seel what is in good shape, dump the rest.

Or dump it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit