New member!!

by Viva la Vida 42 Replies latest jw friends

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome Viva la Vida, Venting on JWN is a good idea, because in time you may become more frustrated with WTBTS's doctrines, as well as JWs who you love and blindly follow it.

Since the WTBTS's Big A will not be coming, I hope that you are able to get a better education/training and do lots of independent research about the WTBTS to help you through the emotional roller coaster that many exJWs go through. Thinking critically for yourself more and making your plan to improve your life should be your most important goals.

Have you visited the following websites: www.jwfacts.com, www.watchtowerdocuments.com, www.jwsurvey.org, www.freedomofmind.com, and www.freeminds2.org? Have you read Raymond Franz's books (i.e., "Crisis of Conscience" and "In Search of Christian Freedom"), Don Cameron's book "Captives of a Concept", and Steve Hassna's books ("Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", and (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs")? Raymond Franz and Don Cameron write about the WTBTS, and Steve Hassan writes about how high-control groups victimize members with BITE control techniques and how it effects members. Steve Hassan's books may help you emotional and psychologically the most to deal with staying in the WTBTS.

Best wishes for you critically thinking for yourself instead of blindly follow the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• SeventhSojourn
    SeventhSojourn

VIVA LA VIDA - WELCOME! Look around, relax, enjoy yourself a bit. Plenty of support here in all forms and fashions.

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

Thanks again for your great advice… I’ve been looking through the pages and books you recommended. They are great and very eye opening.

I think what moves me to stay in the WT is the hope to help others. The other day two old sister told me they felt so tired with keeping up with everything that was being demanded from us (meetings, FS, Family worship), plus doing the normal stuff people do every day (working, cleaning, etc). I think this is the feeling more R&F are getting these days, but no one seems to realize what the real problem is. I hope with time I might help my family and friends to realize that. At least I want to try it, and I can’t do that from the outside.

Since I was a child I hated injustices and oppression, and for me that is exactly what the WT does to people. Luckily I’m awakening to it.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome Viva. I admire your desire to help others exit the cult, but be careful because it is the ones you love who will hurt you the most

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Welcome Viva:

I'm a newbie, so i can understand what your going through. It can be difficult at times to even face the friends after knowing the truth about the WTBTS. Be careful in whom you speak to because if they suspect your going to leave they could get the word out and you'll be booted from the organization. Ones that you think you are close to can turn on you. So be prepared if this happens. Are you still young and live at home with your parents. Do you have a job to sustain yourself for if and when you do leave. Things to think about very carefully. My husband and I send our love your way, and take care of yourself.

Adventurousone

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi Viva la Vida, If you want to help others without getting labeled an apostate, how do you feel about the following ideas:

• Ask simple questions about how JWs feel. You could greet a "Spiritually Strong" (non-thinking) JW by saying "You tired. How are you feeling?" If they are taking medications for depression, ask them more questions like have they researched the long-term effects of their medications on www.WebMD.com and talked with a psychologist to see if there are alternatives to taking strong medications. If there are cult-exit counselors in your area (ask Steve Hassan via http://freedomofmind.com/Contact/index.php for cult-exit counselors in your area), suggest that they see a counselor like so-n-so. Also, never disclose how you really feel to another JW because a person can always change their mind and the WTBTS's BITE control is very powerful.
    • With close JW friends and family, ask if anyone would like to start an investment club, discount travel club, and/or bargain shopping club. The reason that you give to JWs would be a cover story that would appeal to their personal interests. The real reasons for starting these types of clubs would be to help the JWs to save money for their retirement, reduce the time that they attend WTBTS meetings, read WTBTS propaganda, and go in FS, increase their critical thinking skills, and hopefully see how wonderful life really is.

If you want more details and opinions about the preceeding ideas, I suggest that you start other threads asking for help.

Best of wishes helping JWs to critically think for themselves.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• Mum
    Mum

Bienvenidos, Viva! Best wishes for a successful fade.

When I got out, I moved to another state where no one knew me, an no JW was going to recognize me. It would have been much easier if I had not had a child. But, if I had not had a child, I might not have done it. I would look at her and ask myself if I wanted her to have the kind of life I had. The answer was a resounding No! I knew that she was most likely to do what I did.

Taking baby steps is the wise course. Glad you're here, among friends.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Viva la Vida...Long Live Life!

I like your name.

Welcome to JWN.

Just Lois

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, it's a great place. All I can add is be true to yourself, and enjoy the ride.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Welcome Bro!! Keep up the research and you'll come along just fine!

Even a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit