New member!!

by Viva la Vida 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Good luck with changing anything or anyone from within; it is lilkely to cause you more problems than you can ever imagine, and the congregation overlords (elders) will quickly 're-direct' those you are attempting to help.

I'm not saying it won't work, but the chances are extremely small. One reason I became disillusioned as an elder is because I naievely thought I could lighten the load and affect some change, even minor, from within. Didn't work. Not likely to work with you either. You would be better served quietly exiting with you and yours.

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome Viva!

• cedars
    cedars

Welcome Viva la Vida!

I'm with you entirely on Daniel 4. My total disbelief that this could possibly have any other fulfilment than a king going mad for 7 years is the reason I refuse to spend too much time researching the lack of historicity of the 607 BCE teaching.

As Daniel himself put it simply... "All this befell Neb·u·chad·nez′zar the king." (Daniel 4:28)

Cedars

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Welcome brother!

• factfinder
    factfinder

Welcome!

I've been away from meetings for almost 8 years but am thinking of going back to a few to see how I feel about it. It is a difficult thing to find out not everything is how you thought it was but it is not so easy to make a definative decision. In other words, I now question whether I did the right thing by leaving, what was my motive? Why did I choose to become a witness in the first place?

If you eventually leave, you may find as years go by that you want to re-evalute things. That is what's happening to me.

Becoming balanced is not easy! But don't allow negative feelings to eat you up. Not everything about the witnesses is wrong and things are not always just black & white.

Take care!

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Welcome!

• smiddy
    smiddy

I add my voice of welcome to you Viva La Vida

smiddy

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Welcome Viva, take your time and it will all fall into place. I can't stress enough how important it is to read the history and Crisis of Conscience. Also reading Steve Hassen's books will help too. It is a long journey and I hope you can get out without losing too much.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Welcome, Viva.

I got spiritual indigestion from the study books on Daniel, the poor writing, but mostly what got me to research the book of Daniel using non-WT sources is this:

Where was Daniel, the 2nd in the kingdom per the text, when the 3 Hebrews were in the furnace?

Why didn't he step in to help his friends?

And why could he not have prayed in secret?

That led me to secular and even mainstream sources that dated the book of Daniel to the 2nd century BC, not the dates the WT claims.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Welcome Viva.

they are always pushing for you to do more.

Isn't this the modus operandi of the cult? Typical.

I don't know if this is of any interest to you.....

leaving Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit