New member!!

by Viva la Vida 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

Hi All,

This is my first post even thou I’ve been lurking for some time.

I was raised in as a JW, and I’m still in because of my family. Since waking up I found meetings, assemblies and FS stressing and thought writing in here might be therapeutic. I don’t want to leave the borg for now, but I hope this place will help me to deal with it.

For several years I was heavily involved with congregation activities (I even worked in a WT branch), but since knowing TTAT I have been slowing down the pace. This is really difficult; they are always pushing for you to do more. But now I don’t have the motivation to do so.

I woke up after carefully reading Daniel 4 about a year ago. My first thought was why to compare a prophecy about a Babylonian king with God’s sovereignty. Daniel 4 is self-explanatory and WT explanation didn’t have any logic for me anymore.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Welcome!

Immerse yourself in the history / origins of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society and how C.T. Russell formed the basic beliefs we hold to be 'true'. Take your time. You're in for the ride of your life!

• Gayle
    Gayle

welcome! so happy for you! hope you read ray franz" crisis of conscience book> really a must< there were many things i knew and saw but helped to tie it all together> there are many other books that you will see recommended by others here> we had to 'read' so much of senseless things, so we need to read alot to unravel a lot snarls done by the WT.

Best wishes to you in your new life. free mind venture!

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

Welcome Viva la Vida to the fourm. It takes time to get through all the stuff you was taught as a child. I to a born-in took a long time before I made major moves in my life. So as gingerbread said "take your time. And yes you are in the ride of your life. Looking forward to your whole story. Take care. Totally ADD

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Welcome!

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

A warm welcome to you .

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Welcome! And yes, I am also a fan of Coldplay.

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

Thanks all for your replies.

I would like to share more about my life but I want to be careful since I’m still in. I think I’ll open up a little more with time.

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome! I look forward to your posts.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Welcome, and don't rush yourself. The important thing is that you've "awakened."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit