Why does god kill children?

by Comatose 269 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Comatose
    Comatose

Don't steal her Jebus warm and fuzzies.

Tec do you have a Jesus type bumper sticker on your car? Be honest!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

She does.

It says: "I'm not talking to myself, I'm talking to Jesus".

• tec
    tec

And without sounding flippant, does he say 'hi Tammy, these are the ones to put your faith in but these books of the bible aren't worth your time' ?

No worries... you don't sound flippant at all.

But no... he has not said anything like this to me.

He says, "Come to ME. Listen to ME."

I am not to put my faith in anyone or anything, other than in Him. He is the one who teaches me. So that when i was trying to answer you... He reminded me of the Psalms. (like a thought popping into your head, but that is actually from the Spirit)

I did learn some about him in the bible though, and as long as we can remember that the book is more of a finger pointing to Christ (teaching us a bit about Christ)... the bible is not Christ (and so not the image of God). That is Christ alone. And the OT does give us physical examples of spiritual things. Christ is the one who opens our eyes to these things though also... to help us see (get a sense of) the spiritual thing He might be teaching (that we hear).

(If you are asking, however, how one might hear Him... then yes, sometimes in specific words, sometimes in scriptures brought to mind, or images, sometimes in understanding granted, sometimes the spirit within me bears witness to the truth (so that I KNOW that it is true, as if my bones and blood are singing/shouting that truth from within me - sorry, but that is hard to describe), and sometimes also in dreams.)

Shirley, just thought I should remind you that inspired does not mean inerrant. I also never said that about Abraham, that I can recall... at least not how you worded it. I have not been ignoring Cofty and his question, btw... just concentrating on other things. Will get to it as soon as I am able. But just because errors have been brought into the OT, does not mean that the entire thing is in error, or even that we cannot know what those errors are, or what the truth actually is. Nor is everything in the OT scripture, despite a scholar or two announcing that it is.

This goes back to what I've said numerous times: you cherry-pick the Bible to make it say whatever you personally want it to say. The confusion your answers elicit is not the fault of those reading your answers- it lies squarely with the source of those answers.

While I can admit responsibility in not explaining well... I am no teacher... there are many who belong to Christ who DO understand exactly as I have been sharing, no problems at all, because they hear the same thing, from the same Lord.

I know you don't like 2 Timothy 3:16, which I've quoted to you and you've rationalized away, but that verse says "all scripture is inspired", "scripture" being the OT/Torah. For you to deny that text is to deny the Bible. It didn't qualify that verse by saying some of the OT is inspired and some wasn't. All means all. Again you interject your personal opinions to make the Bible say what you want it to say, which means denying the parts you can't explain with rational, moral explanations and evidence.

Love, I have no problem with that verse, at all.

Also did not "your Lord Jesus" promise that he would guide his disciples until he returned?

Yes.

Did he not say he was the Leader of the Christian Congregation?

Um... He is the head of His Body (which is the Church... those who belong to Him)

But do you recall the false christs and false teachers that were going to crop in. Or the word that He sent John in Revelation to give to the seven churches... some of which he rebuked... for following other ways than Him?

That means that 2 Timothy 3:16 was written under Jesus' guidance and approved by him.

Even Paul would not have said that about his own words. Do you recall that the earliest disciples also disagreed on matters... Paul and Barnabas parted ways they disagreed so strongly. Even Paul admonished people for following Him, or Barnabas, or Peter... over Christ. Making sects instead.

So again, if anything Paul or anyone is written to have said... contradicts Christ... then I would listen to Christ.

If you are going to deny the truthfullness of that verse, then you are also denying Jesus.

Yet, I have not denied the truthfulness of that verse... only the truthfulness of the common interpretation of the implications of that verse.

You're also bogged down in semantics. Look up the definition of "inspired". It doesn't mean what you think it means.

You might want to look up the etymology of the word also.

Although some lexicons give "inspired by God" 12 as the definition of qeovneustos, it does not really reflect the meaning. Inspire is from the Latin "inspirare; in -- in + spirare--to breathe." Thus the English word means "to blow or breathe into or upon . . . to infuse by breathing . . . to draw in by breathing; to inhale;--opposed to expire." 13

The Greek term has, however, nothing to say of inspiring or of inspiration: it speaks only of a "spiring" or "spiration." What it says of Scripture is, not that it is "breathed into by God’ or is a product of the Divine "inbreathing" into its human authors, but that it is breathed out by God, "God-breathed," the product of the creative breath of God. 14 "

Greek, however, provides one set of words for inspired documents and another for inspired human writers. An inspired book is described as ‘theopneustos’ (God breathed) and an inspired person is defined as ‘theophoretos’ (God borne) and by ‘pneumatophoros’ (Spirit borne).

http://humanityquest.com/themes/inspiration/Etymology/

Tec do you have a Jesus type bumper sticker on your car? Be honest!

LOl... definitely not. No symbols of any sort. Just the Spirit.

Peace,

tammy

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

But just because errors have been brought into the OT, does not mean that the entire thing is in error, or even that we cannot know what those errors are, or what the truth actually is.

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

Tec: If you are asking, however, how one might hear him... then yes, sometimes in specific words, sometimes in scriptures brought to mind, or images, sometimes in understanding granted, sometimes the spirit with in me bears witness to the truth,.....and sometimes in dreams.

I experience the same thing. I just don't attirbute it to Jesus personally. I think everyone experiences flashes of insight. Everyone.

Also, I found the thread where you talk about your conversation with Jesus about your friend August's mean-ness. I won't embarrass you publicly, nor throw my pearls before swine. If you truly do not remember saying such things, you can envelope me. I figured out how that works here!

• cofty
    cofty
    it was not the voice of my Lord. He does not tell anyone anything that is not from love, or truth. He certainly does not tell anyone to kill another person - Tammy
    Abraham? - Cofty

Still waiting on an answer Tammy.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Tec said: " What it says of Scripture is, not that it is "breathed into by God’ or is a product of the Divine "inbreathing" into its human authors, but that it is breathed out by God, "God-breathed," the product of the creative breath of God. "..and then.."An inspired book is described as ‘theopneustos’ (God breathed)" -- So, whether God was inhaling or exhaling at the time, the book (as a creative work) came from him, correct? So either he doesn't mind having secretaries that don't write down what he inspires them to say, or he has inspired them to say things that are not true/did not happen.. Also, which book/s has Jesus told you were written with Gods ideas and thoughts entirely, and there still remains an accurate translation today? Specifically please..

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Because it is more cost effective than waiting until they become adults.

Seriously, what is the problem? Isn't it better that they die as children before they get too much life going?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

tec,

How did you first learn about Christ? In spirit or in Sunday school, through the bible?

What is the point of the multi-step process? First, we read a 4,000 year book riddled with inconsistencies and errors, then selectively apply its teachings while struggling to make sense of them alongside the other 41,000 christian denominations, to finaly (no guarantees) come to understand the most important message for humankind.

That is, if we don't die in the process of the thousands of set/allowed in place by the same loving creator who wholeheartedly wants us to find him and live forever....

Forgive me (no pun intended), but I am confused as $&*#

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    So, whether God was inhaling or exhaling at the time, the book (as a creative work) came from him, correct?

--

Tammy has come up with her own unique definition of "inspired".

Conveniently, her definition allows her to weasel out of answering questions when the answer makes her look really bad.

Tammy, are you ever going to answer Cofty? Or, are you ignoring him because the answer is too uncomfortable and you cannot defend it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit