I was thinking about all the accounts in the bible that indicate god kills children as a punishment or teaching experience.
1. Kills all of Egypts firstborn sons, who were innocent kids who did nothing to him or his people, who had no control over the decisions Pharoah made. How many times have you read that account or thought about it without realizing the devastating pain dealt to all those parents, and remembered those were innocent kids?
2. Some kids jeer at a prophet and so using Holy Spirit the prophet calls a bear to shred 42 of them. A bit extreme? The WT explanation says their parents were bad and didn't respect Jehovah or his prophet, this was a lesson for them. Again, easily overlooked is the terrible pain and anguish at the loss of a child. Why not kill the parents or smite them with a plague? Why the kids?
3. David sins with Bathsheeba, god kills the baby as punishment. In fact, the bible he struck it a blow and that it suffered for a week prior to dying. WT says this was a loving thing to do since David was worthy of death, lovingly god spared him. Screw the child though.
4. The flood, would have killed untold numbers of children.
5. He instructed the Israelites to let your heart not show mercy and to strike even the little ones as they fought their battles. In one case they bring back young ones and some grandmothers. He then has them kill the grandmas and baby boys, but they get to keep the 32k virgin girls. Odd.
6. Achin sins by stealing and his whole family is put to death. You think a little kid living back then in those adult and male dominated times would have been able to do anything about their dad stealing?
Why does god like to kill kids? In all those experiences it was unnecessary. It was chosen as a punishment or for shock value. Because the kids killed were not "gods people", we are led to feel no emotion over these deaths. As if people not a part of gods group are not like us or are subhuman and beneath our empathy. All people are equal. We all love the same. We all feel the same emotions. No child deserves to die for the wrongs of its parents. No person should be asked to callously put aside empathy and fellow feeling due to "gods will". God kills kids and there is no honest or good explanation.