The Elusive and Shy creator god.---

by prologos 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prologos
    prologos

is there only a 50 / 50 chance that there is a ceator or

there is not?

assuming that there is one, and looking at it ALL,- it is hard to imagine that there is not,

particularly if you tried all your life to make stuff work.

would it be in her/his power to be totally undetectable to our senses, even with our refined sensors? why would it be in his interest?

if this could be so, then

he* has chosen for a reason, to be an example perhaps, to not display himself*, not to take credit, to boast, and demand obedience ( except by the dictates of natural laws) or even demand a thankful attitude.

bible stories notwithstanding.

what can we learn from this?

Even the believers in virtual particles popping into existence from vaacuum fluctuations, still do not resolve the question

Where THAT Time,Where that Energy came from.

* no gender bias intended.

Just in awe, to have all this life available to us, no strings attached.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Prologos, even if I accepted your premises that there is a 50:50 change of their being a god, there is still an enormous leap to assume that god is the one constructed in the bible.

But the odds of 50:50 are even more unlikely when you ask the question "How did something as complex and powerful as god come into existence from nothing?". When you look at the universe and life, complexity is added gradually following the rules of chemistry and physics, making your 50:50 more like 99.999999999:0.0000000001 against the possibility of there being a god.

• prologos
    prologos

cant leave, I do not think about the God of the bible at ALL.

50 /50 is only a linguistic device of defining the issue.

The real odds are slightly different.

The more complexity and shear size, age we discover, the more unlikely it becomes it just popped out of a vaccuum fluctuation.

Cant leave without pointing out that we are talking of the 4 dimensional Cosmos. we live in only.

Accept the limitation.

There is more to this than we can imagine.

Einstein thought it was extraordinary that we can UNDERSTAND the [working} of the cosmos.

My simple question above was:

What do we learn from his* self-depreciating behaviour?

Grist on the mills of atheists: there is no behaviour. because----.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The real odds are slightly different.

The real odds are massively different.

• prologos
    prologos

It is odd that we are talking about odds when the topic is??

we should leave the recluse creator alone,

just as he* does.

Cain and Abel bothered him, when he* never even asked to be worshipped.

religion was an invention with two humans claiming priority.

or so the the story goes.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I don't understand the point I guess. You don't want to discuss whether or not its fair to say its a coin flip chance on their being a god.

If all you want is an answer to why if there is a god he remains in hiding, then I don't think there an answer.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Just in awe, to have all this life available to us, no strings attached.

Wait, someone else on another thread said that if there was no God then life was meaningless. Now you are telling me it's wonderful?

Which Christian am I supposed to believe? You guys keep saying different things....

It is odd that we are talking about odds when the topic is??

It was brought up by you in the first sentence of your opening post starting this thread. You think your own premise is odd?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i think if your a Christian it has to be 100% belief or nothing.

so i suppose i'm all in

• Simon
    Simon

Does the 50/50 chance apply equally to all the thousands of different gods or is it just your one particular god that you give such good odds to?

How about gods no longer worshipped?

• besty
    besty

* Posting in a language other than English.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit