The Elusive and Shy creator god.---

by prologos 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

(and lol, you do not have any kind of authority to suspend me of anything)

LOL, you defend abolishing your own children to the wilderness for having the wrong mother! You deprive yourself of any respect you may once have had.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

Interesting thread. I'd realllllllllllly like to be inside the head of someone who takes the bible at face value and the word of god. I just don't get it. To me its similar to reading Greek Mythology. They created these Gods and stories to explain why things were the way the were. The bible is the Jewish version of that. We die because of talking snake. We speak different languages because of a tower built toward heaven. Israel wandered the wildernes because of a golden calf. (Did anyone ever think that maybe they just got lost?) Etc. etc. If i was taking the bible at face value i would take verses from the song on solomon and women's breast and make a religion based on those verses.

• prologos
    prologos

yadda and other good commentors,

was it not enough for the creator to start it all?

why do we have to expect him to inerfere after that feat?

children starving? I starved when I was young. 1200 calories per day, no protein. hunger is terrible. but

about that haunting picture: do the father of these children take full and timely responsability of their duties?

does the president of that country drive a Bentley from his Park Avenue suite to the UN meetings? no, he is chauffeurd. is his private army well equipped?

Can we learn from reality of creation/nature and discern what an example the creator sets?

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

pro logos... so were talking hypothetical here then? much like what if aliens dropped us off and watched to see what happened (Prometheus) or if were just a tiny universe inside one of many (MIB) the possibilities are endless and left up only to our imagination at that point. hmmm. if thats the case I'm gonna say that god was an elvaan female who created the earth to have sex with other beings. humans were created in her image and dinosaurs were created in the image of her pet dragon. after creating the first man she died during childbirth and that's why we are alone.

• prologos
    prologos

thinking, perhaps some might conclude that, what you said, but it is science research that seems to be the best bet.

The human mind, human feelings are erroneous if not first guided by facts, experiments, research into reality.

• thinking_not_believing
    thinking_not_believing

I was being sarcastic! For me the origins of mankind are not that interesting. The history of people and how we got to where we are as a society is far more interesting. Also the future of technology fascinates me. I remember when the first color cell phone came out, i bought it right away and thought i was the shit. Look at what we have now. The possibilites of what is coming have me drooling!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit