Pronouncing things differently so they don't sound rude. Typical CULT persona. Political correctness?

by punkofnice 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I noticed over the years how Bros & Sis(TM) would pronounce words/names differently or totally substitute them so as not to sound offensive.

EGs:

Instead of 'Bible aids' a bro(TM) said 'Bible helps' thus avoiding AIDS disease!?!

Instead of Sodom the bro(TM) pronounced it 'Sow Dom'

Then there was Shy tim instead of Shittim..........which I found even more hilarious.

A pious Sis(TM) pronounced Bichri (sheba's dad?) as Beach-ree thus avoiding saying the word 'Bitch'. I think it's probably pronounced Bick-ray anyway.

Any examples of a Dub 'Nanny state' mentality you've noticed?

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Instead of YHWH they like to say 'Jehovah'.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It works the other way too, when they opt unmotivated for phrases like "bees that were molested". Where did that come from?

• cuckoo in the nest
    cuckoo in the nest

Sometimes it worked the other way. I remember Brother Nice-But-Dim doing his part for the Muppet Show (TMS) and speaking about burning braziers. Except he pronounced it burning brazieres.

Maybe he had a thing for hot ligerie.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

2+2=5 - Oh, snap! Nice one Cyril!

SBF - I agree. It seems the WBT$ are obsessed with molesting......usually children!

citn - Ah yeees. That reminds me of a bro(TM) that was conducting the washtowel 'study(TM)' called on 'Sister Vagina'. Her name was Virginia!

How many times has 'organisation(TM)' been mispronounced as 'Orgasm'?

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Me and my brother always laughed at the song where you had to sing about not sparing the rod. I just remember the verses came off kind of child molester-esque. Even though this doesn't have anything to do with pronouncing things differently. Some of the comments here just reminded me of it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

MrFreeze - No surprise that anything WBT$ is a kiddy fiddling referrence.

Anyone remember the headers in the bible? About Baalams ass is said = 'His ass speaks' Oh, how we chortled.

• Splash
    Splash

We had one elder who always pronounced king Asa as Arse-a.

And as a youngster I couldn't contain myself when I learned there was a place called Nob.

Even now that makes me smile - what a juvenile lol.

Splash

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Splash - Oh, there are some laughable names in the bible.....and what about Dorcas? 'She simply made us come.'

• clarity
    clarity

A surprising number just couldn't say kingdom...

so it came off as Kidom Hall ! LOL.

Congregation was conjegation & gods name was

......joevah!

and ...... it is good well brothers that we go out in serve-us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit