Too sick or injured but still made it to the meeting!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

The mind control has to go on to be effective. And do you think the GB appreciates your effort? I doubt it.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Sophie, I left off the end of the three F's. "Fever, fracture, funeral (and it had better be yours)."

• rebel8
    rebel8

I have hemophilia and I was forced to go to many meetings while bleeding the entire time.

I remember a few calls to the pediatrician from the library phone, and him saying, "Go to the hospital."

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

So unbalanced. That's what cults do to you. We were for years told the meetings were mandatory. My father kept telling me I didn't have to go. Now after 15 years, I've stopped, and guess what, the sky hasn't fallen on my head. It's all about the indoctrination. Remember the JWs saying, "That DC came just at the right time!" That's because their minds were starting to experience cognitive dissonnance and the DC pushed it back on track.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

One sister told me it is still not a good excuse for anyone to miss the meetings because they have migraines.

• sarahsmile
    sarahsmile

I was given shots every other day. We drove five hours each way to see the doctorr in TJ. Meixco twice a week. A big fad for JWs in the 60s. My mother never missed a meeting. You got a sick child with a low immune system and dragging her to meetings and assemblies. It really was not about my health but sisters and their need for attention.

I grew up and decided to not go to doctors for the above issues. Maybe three times.

Does anyone remember Dr. Barbosa. Jehovahs Witnesses were flying into California to drive into México. Funny. I bet you can find Dr.Barbosa in the WT.

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

I remember the severest case of teenage-abuse I thought I'd ever seen when I was a teen; a poor girl about sixteen was made to sit in the front row of my grandmother's KH, in between her parents, WEARING DENTAL HEAD-GEAR.

gorgia

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Gorgia, that's shocking. No respect for the kid whatsoever. I sure hope she's no longer a JW.

Llama: One sister told me it is still not a good excuse for anyone to miss the meetings because they have migraines.

OH DEAR GOD I bet that sister never had one. It would be a different story if she had.

• blondie
    blondie

I know of jw parents who brought children to the meeting with contagious measles, chicken pox, mumps, german measles and exposed a whole room full of children and adults who had never had it. That is how I was exposed to measles. Even flu...the same people that are afraid to touch a door knob if a member is HIV or use a public pool for baptism for an HIV candidate.

(I will add that my immune system is compromised due to a hereditary condition and I have to be careful, very careful. I was once at a meeting and a sister proudly announced she had the severe flu going around but was at the meeting...I informed her that she had put me at severe risk...she did'nt get it)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit