Too sick or injured but still made it to the meeting!

by RULES & REGULATIONS 38 Replies latest watchtower bible

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

Even if you are dead you have to be at the meeting

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

We had a sister come to the Sunday morning meeting after having given birth on late Saturday night. She sat there with the baby like a virtuous Martyr looking like death warmed over. No one was impressed....everyone thought she was a fool.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

A CO once said the only reasons not to be at a meeting is the three F's: Fever, fracture, funeral.

• StAnn
    StAnn

My mother had major surgery and went to meetings against doctor's advice. She took along a chaise lounge chair and laid in it in the back of the K-hole. Nothing can keep her away from the meetings.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

When I was in my mothers womb they got me 2 weeks earlier (by Caesarean section) to be able to get to the district convention... I lay in a Neonatal intensive care unit because of it... but hell yeah... they were there!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'd use a paper cut as an excuse to skive the kingdumb hell.

I did however struggle to meetings after a couple of operations. I was a saddo in those days. Motivated by guilt, fear and phobia.

Long may the GB suffer in agony!

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

DeWandelaar.."When I was in my mothers womb they got me 2 weeks earlier (by Caesarean section) to be able to get to the district convention... I lay in a Neonatal intensive care unit because of it..." .. I've not read anything in a while that so vividly depicts a cult mentality, placing care for a defenseless baby second to some big indoctrination session. It's just..

• SophieG
    SophieG

MrFreeze: A CO once said the only reasons not to be at a meeting is the three F's: Fever, fracture, funeral.

*edit* Yep....That's what I remembered....the 3 F's

My elderly mom goes to meetings when her BP is too high...she should be laying down...it's almost as if they don't feel like God will understand that they don't feel well...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All that, for what? Is there any reason why the boasting sessions can't be recorded onto memory sticks, copied to those who are sick, and listened to while in bed or at home? I don't think so. Nor is there any technological reason why boasting sessions can't be uploaded to a server and streamed into people's homes, so they could listen in without having to stop work early or so they can "attend" early so they can work. Or, even split it so they can take in one session, work, then take in the other session. They can also "attend" more than once, if they cannot understand a point--or simply skip back to repeat something.

With the advantages of that system, it's a wonder why people are still wasting gas (remember, joke-hova is supposed to ruin those ruining the earth) and time traveling to and from the boasting sessions. If you are sick, it is much easier to go to the site, stream the boasting session, and repeat portions than it is to go to a physical boasting session (which might make you unable to get better). If you can only do 5 or 10 minutes at a time because of your illness, so be it. Or, skip that day--if you feel better Monday or Tuesday, you can "attend" then instead of Sunday. Not to mention, if there is 2 meters of snow, you can still find the site and stream your boasting session.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

I know of a congregation that uses skype to allow those

too sick to attend to get the meeting in real time.

I hope this idea catches on.

But I can still see this conversation between two Elders using skype.........

( cue music...)

Hey, Bro lowtech didn't skype for the meeting last night

Really, I wonder if he is OK?

Hmm, this is the third time that he hasn't skyped this month

and when he does he never skypecomments.

I think we need to have a skypemitte meeting about this.

Me too, we can't have Brothers skyping just willy nilly

Perhaps we should give him a skypeshepherding call first.

Well, I guess you are right,we need to show love to our Brothers

Maybe good for an assembly demo...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit