Rich people don't create jobs

by slimboyfat 85 Replies latest social current

• prologos
    prologos

Mr. Freeze, If you ARE really rich, you dont need to be in business, you dont need to sell.

unless you are greedy. so:

why is Wt selling?

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

If nobody could afford to buy from me, I'd merely adjust the prices accordingly. If prices are too high where nobody can buy, that's just bad biz. Of course you would go out of business, because you are not using your brain adequately. And normally, that would stem from a greedy mindset. Those types weed themselves out over time anyway. I watch it every week in the business Im in

• talesin
    talesin

Actually it is subjective. Take the bottom 19% and break it down further. Someone who makes $250000 a year is probably in the bottom 19%.

Are they "rich" even though they are in the bottom 19? Are they poor?

Pretty pie charts on computer screens are worth less than the electrons that formed them.

Exactly! $250,000 a year? part of the 1%?????

ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

The 1% makes BILLIONS ............... let's get a GRIP.

WE are wage slaves ... if you wish to live in ignorance, then have a nice day. You just keep workin' for the weekend, or for that golden number of "65" .............. when you may live in poverty, or with some ease, but still............ have no concept of what 'filthy rich' means. The word 'filthy' is there for a reason.

Oh, my.............. ignorance is bliss. Mr. Freeze, I hear you!

xo

tal

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Not all people who are rich who run a business or sell things are greedy. I wouldn't call somebody like Mario Lemieux, who is co-owner of the Pittsburgh Penguins, greedy. Sure, he makes money doing it but when you look at how he runs his business, it is because he genuinely loves hockey and the fans of the game. He is selling a product (the Pittsburgh Penguins) and not being greedy about it at the same time.

• talesin
    talesin

Freeze. the thing is ............. even Mario Lemieux is NOT of that class. The ULTRA rich are invisible .......... the only one I can think of who has come forth to talk about these things is Jamie Johnson, of Johnson & Johnson's (you know who THEY are) fortune ---- now HE is a trust-fund baby!

He made a documentary about how the rich really ARE different. Family hated it, but he did it anyways. It's called "Born Rich".... url to follow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xhuSxyHWRw

Some fabulously wealthy people are philanthropists, but we need to KNOW, that giving is only beneficial to THEM ......... the bulk of the wealth is hoarded, and THAT'S why we have poverty.

It's sickening, it really IS.

xo

t

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Wow

As for the OP, absolutely true. Those who disagree need a history/economics lesson.

The truth does hurt. Those who cling to lies.

It's a terrible idea that is devastating the world. The fact that billionaires can exist is a disgrace for humanity.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Actually it is subjective. Take the bottom 19% and break it down further. Someone who makes $250000 a year is probably in the bottom 19%.

Actually they are in the top 6-7%

• still thinking
    still thinking

the bulk of the wealth is hoarded, and THAT'S why we have poverty.

When you have a limited amount of money in the world...and they, the 1% (as you put it, the filthy rich), have most of it tucked away safely...what does everyone else get to live on? They get to divvy up whats left and work their asses off for a small chunk of the remaining pie.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

talesin - Lemieux is a co-owner with Ron Burkle who is a multi-billionare. He is there right along side of Lemieux. Although Lemieux is more of the face of the ownership because he has such a history with Pittsburgh as well as the Penguins.

I think of people like Mark Cuban and Bill Gates in the same way.

EDIT to add: I guess this really goes back to the point of these guys really aren't job creators. They are selling products people want and hire only based on necessity.

• talesin
    talesin

Freeze, yeah, I hear you.

and this ... YES!

EDIT to add: I guess this really goes back to the point of these guys really aren't job creators. They are selling products people want and hire only based on necessity.

Yup!

t

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit