Rich people don't create jobs

by slimboyfat 85 Replies latest social current

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I personally know very wealthy people who are socisl activists and nicer people than most poor people. Studies sow that most job creation comes from small to medium sized businesses which may be owned by the filthy rich. My take is maybe they can assume more risk. I became nicer with money.

• sd-7
    sd-7
    Why should poor workers pay a tax rate of 35% on their labour for example, while rich people only pay 15% on their capital gains?

Mitt Romney explained that capital gains are already taxed at corporate level, so to tax them at 35% on a personal level is to tax them twice. Not sure how that would be fair taxation. Not that I think Mitt Romney has a bit of sense, but he probably did have a point there.

--sd-7

• still thinking
    still thinking

I personally know very wealthy people who are socisl activists and nicer people than most poor people...BOTR

WTF?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe, the title should be 'many rich people don't create jobs', or 'only SOME rich people create jobs'. I was just reading about sergio marchionne, an italian who grew up in canada. He bought into fiat, when it was down and broken and turned it around. Then, in 2009, he stepped into the chrysler mess and turned chrysler car company around in a couple of yrs. Chrysler paid back its bailout funds to canada and the usa.

Marchionne is a Builder. I use Builder capitalized, because Builders create wealth. They can take dirt and turn it into money. They do not do hostile takeovers and then slice up and sell off the pieces, then scurry off to their warren w the loot. Other examples of Builders are richard branson, henry ford, nicola tesla and lee iaccoca. Builders have their faults, of course, but they leave the world a better, richer place, generally.

S

• prologos
    prologos

rich or poor people create jobs when they start and go to war. sadly.

• prologos
  • truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

Im gonna try to keep this short, in order to keep my irritation to a minimum

I really wish people would do some "self education" before posting and using lables such as "THE RICH" in a negative manner. How is that not equivalent to saying "THE BLACKS" or "THE GAYS"? Everyone wants to point the finger at someone else for their own inadequacies. When they should really take a nice look in the mirror and point the finger.

EXAMPLE: All who complain about paying taxes. This is my favorite. First off, do a little bit of research on taxes, and get back to me with the proof in writing that paying taxes are MANDATORY. Good luck with that, since the IRS couldn't even provide it after I called them and demanded it. You THINK that you MUST pay them. And you THINK that because of your own lack of knowledge. Taxes are VOLUNTARY, not mandatory. You just have to know how to fill out the paperwork correctly with the IRS. Which, if you are a tax-payer, you are NOT doing correctly.

A tax-payer is a SLAVE. PERIOD. I am not a slave, therefore I do NOT pay taxes, haven't in years. ALL LEGALLY! I file every year, but I file correctly....Like the super rich. They dont pay taxes. Rockefellar admitted that right in the newspapers.

So for all of those mad and complaining about taxes, just continue doing your part being a slave and paying them for us. And I'll continue buying Govt. bonds and collecting on the taxes you pay. Sleep well knowing that a portion of your taxes are going straight into MY personal bank account. we need sheeple like you

WAKE UP PEOPLE, AND STOP BEING VICTIMS, and stop believing everthing you see on the "idiiot box" and the "internet machine"

Its called "slavery by consent"

"Many a man have lost either life, or fortune for not knowing what he thought he was sure of"

there Im done, was tryin to keep my rant short, but oh well

My people suffer, for their lack of knowledge

• prologos
    prologos

Martha Steward said that too The rich dont pay taxes and

she spend time in Jail. America the beautiful.

truth hurts 13

let us in on the dodge.

I am over 65, make less than 7500 in the US and dont have to file with the IRS. the rest of my income is off shore.

If nobody pays taxes how could we build air craft carriers?

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

Read "MODERN MONEY MECHANICS" published by the IRS.

Then you will understand how air craft carriers are built

Do you have a birth certificate? Thats a BOND. A security instument. A person may elect to research how to REDEEM the CERTIFICATE, and cash it out, so to speak instead of letting banks make profit on your sweat equity (LABOR)

"Those who say it can't be done, Should not interfere with those who are doing it"

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Okay truthurts, why don't we replace the word "Rich" with "Greedy". I think that is a more fair assessment. I don't resent people who are rich. I resent people who step over everyone else to get an extra buck. This video is saying what I've been saying since I first heard this debate. The greediest rich people out there are not up in arms about everyone wanting them to pay higher taxes because its less money they have to help other people by putting that money elsewhere. Those greedy people are up in arms because its less money in their pocket.

It doesn't matter how rich you are. If nobody can afford to buy what you are offering, you will go out of business.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit