Rich people don't create jobs

by slimboyfat 85 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Just when I was thinking I don't like TED talks, this is an excellent take on job creation and wealth distribution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKCvf8E7V1g

• Simon
    Simon

It's a terrible idea that is devastating the world. The fact that billionaires can exist is a disgrace for humanity.

• designs
    designs

Bobby Kennedy's assesment, he asked how can extreme wealth and extreme poverty and hunger exist at the same time, it is immoral.

Ann Romney went before the San Diego City Council this week to plead for her car elevator in their new 12,000 sq ft home on the bluffs in La Jolla.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

What? Only 12,000 sq. ft. and only 1 car elevator?

Must be building a hut!

• garyneal
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Rich people don't create jobs, demand creates jobs.

• watson
    watson

It's ok Simon....just admit it, you're a communist. Not that that's bad, just say it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

I agree that Rich people as a percentage do not create jobs, they have a tendancy to bleed the companies of all the wealth and intellectual capital and humanity from the "once great" companies that created good products.

Slim, why do people who work with a Union contract vote Republi-Con and speak bad of Unions when their pay is distorted because of the Unions paying the averege worker a high wage than the companies without a Union contract.

Take the Prison system in California, I know many lopheads who work for the prison system, prison guards who are staunch republicans. One company I researched who runs a "for profit" prison, their pay-package has been slammed down to one-third of pay, benefits and vacation and sick days than the Unions in California. When I researched Wackenhut, Correctional Corps and especially "Cornells Companies" out of Texas, I noticed the Prison guards were making $13 a hour while the California Union Prison Guard made $32 for the same pay grade.

I know there are some prison guards and public employees who learned with Arnold how ugly the rich people can be when they take power, but there are still crap4brains who believe the Republicans and Rich People will share the wealth and create more jobs. How can we reason with low level brain power like them?

• never a jw
    never a jw

Tax increases will shift the jobs from the private sector to the public sector. As far as I know, the private sector is far more efficient than the public sector. So, yes we can live in a society with more equality, but the country as a whole may lose competitiveness in the world market and the long term unintended consequences will affect rich and poor. I realized that there is an optimal taxation rate at any given time, but we will never know if we stayed long enough in that desirable target. We will endlessly pull from both directions and passed that ideal tax rate back and forth until the end of time.

I, just like everyone else, look at the issue very expediently. Hell, why not, tax the rich more! I am not there yet. Just stay away from my tax brackett!!!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Good thread. The rich people create jobs meme has been carefully crafted w just the right amount of fear mixed in. That fear makes it a hard meme to kick.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit