DC Drama stirs up drama of it's own!!!

by DATA-DOG 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sd-7
    sd-7

This is just bizarre. Thing is, they have no idea what would happen if there were a resurrection. Heck, mind you, they think the resurrection has already begun, in, what, 1918, 1919? Whatever? No, guys. Just no.

You know, I figure there's a certain point somewhere out there where you say, maybe we can just let them figure it out for themselves, you know, use their 'Bible-trained conscience'? Nope. Conscience? What's that? Obedience to the direction of the WT--that's what "conscience" is to them. There's just no end to the number of ways they can make up rules.

This kind of power is just too dangerous for anyone to have over 7 million people.

--sd-7

• shadow
    shadow

Sydlik's wife used to wrap an arm around his back during prayers in Bethel dining rooms. GB must have jumped at chance for new rule after he died.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I have looked for this on youtube and could not find it.

Anyone know where it is located?

NJY

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

If what you say is true, it is FU*()&G crazy.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Alrighty!! It took about a year, but the resurrection/marriage teaching has been "adjusted". Now, the term nu-light has NOT been used. I repeat, the term nu-light was NOT USED.

Anyway, the CO is rambling about who knows what and brings up the subject. There were some on this forum who did not believe me. They did not believe it was an issue in the ORG. Here we are, one year later and its being brought up. Sure, it could be a "circuit" issue and somewhat local. It would not have been mentioned unless it was causing trouble.

So, the CO ( a dude who loves to hear his own voice) says that it's POSSIBLE that Jesus was speaking of the "heavenly resurrection" when he was refuting the Saduccees. ( YA THINK?!?!?) Although never calling it nu-light or an adjustment, he goes into scriptural reasons as to why Jesus COULD be talking about a heavenly resurrection.

LOL!!!! He speculates for 5 minutes and then says we should not speculate. LOL!!! HAHAHAHAHAH!!! Anyway, I thought I would "resurrect" this thread. It seems that the sheeple needed this matter clarified. In the end, the CO said, " We don't know the answer. So HOW DARE any of you criticize a fellow dub for getting remarried?!!?" LOL!!! Oh shit, like the WTBTS has ever refrained from speculation or judging others! LOL!!

Just sharing. Thought you might want to know that death DEFINITELY ends the marriage bond, and that Jesus COULD have been talking about the anointed ones being resurrected to heaven. Still, the GB doesn't know and they don't want to be dogmatic! LOL!!!

DD

• SnarlingRaven
    SnarlingRaven

Though many false comforters tried to tempt faithful Job, he kept his integrity to Jehovah and refused to hold hands with anyone.

A local doctor once checked Job's pulse to see if he was still alive . . .

Satan called it hand-holding on a technicality . . . but Jehovah ruled that the gesture was not considered hand holding.

Job decided to work on his yoga poses . . .

. . . while David and Jonathan held hands . . .

. . . and held each other . . .

So, we know from Scripture that hand holding was sometimes frowned upon in the Jew System of Things . . .

and we gleen from the Bible that hand holding will not be allowed in the New System of Things.

"Seriously, Job! You have got to put the meth pipe down!

• pronomono
    pronomono

Back to the OP, I got a chuckle out of this. I remember this letter being read to our circuit when I got called in to help out with the drama. Good ole mother keeping us chaste...

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

DATA-DOG: So a letter was sent ( e-mail I guess ) to all Brothers in charge of dramas. ABSOLUTELY, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, ARE JOB AND HIS WIFE TO EXPRESS AFFECTION FOR EACHOTHER IN THE DRAMA!! NO HOLDING OF HANDS!!

hehe-hoho!!!! The drama within a drama, eh? A friend got into the same problematical area in one drama. Forget who the Bible characters were... But it involved fathers helping their sons grow to Christian maturity, with an ancient example and then the same characters playing contemporary JWs.

All cool and wonderful, as scripted.

But what happens when the script calls for a 5 y.o., boy who in two scenes (ancient and modern) is supposed to sit on his father's knee and have a hug, and there is no suitable 5 y.o. boy available and some brainy guy substitutes a 13 y.o. boy. Worse, the 13. y.o, in addition to the frowns when an adult male hugs a 13 y.o boy sitting on his knee, it descended further into farce, when, I suppose in a bout of over-acting, at the Assembly, the 'son' literally took a running jump to leap into the arms of his supposed father.

Less ideologically driven writers may have foreseen the problem, but not the Yahweh inspired bunch.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

i remember a spanish guy and his sister moved into our congo. Shared a flat. The elders said they should live in separate appartments, as the neighbours might think they are living in sin.

In my experience, the neighbours mind their own business. it is the eld-ughs who think you are going to do what they want to do.

What's with the naked yoof? Oh, my!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit