DC Drama stirs up drama of it's own!!!

by DATA-DOG 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Don't you know, conception takes place during hand holding?

• blondie
    blondie

*** w12 2/1 p. 28 “Bring a Smile to Jehovah’s Face” ***

The speaker also examined Isaiah 41:13, in which Jehovah makes this promise: “I, Jehovah your God, am grasping your right hand, the One saying to you, ‘Do not be afraid. I myself will help you.’” With warm sincerity, Brother Lett said: “Notice this very touching expression of Jehovah. He reaches out his hand to take hold of our hand.”

*** w09 11/15 pp. 6-7 par. 19 What Do Your Prayers Say About You? ***

There may be a proper time and place for some actions that would be inappropriate at a Christian meeting. (Eccl. 3:1) For instance, suppose someone sought to have all in a group link arms or hold hands during such a prayer. This might offend or distract some, including visitors who do not share our beliefs. Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore “do all things for God’s glory” and avoid conduct that could distract, shock, or stumble anyone.—1 Cor. 10:31, 32; 2 Cor. 6:3.

*** w98 10/1 p. 21 Local Cultures and Christian Principles—Are They Compatible? ***

What if a custom does not please us? Should it automatically be rejected? Not necessarily. The custom of males holding hands, mentioned earlier, was perfectly acceptable in that particular African community. When the missionary noticed that other men were walking around holding hands, he felt more at ease.

*** w04 12/15 p. 25 Graduation Day—A Beautiful Day ***

That often means learning customs that might seem unusual by Western standards. For example, in some lands it is very common to see men, including those in the Christian congregation, holding hands as friends while they walk together. In some places under the Guam branch, unusual foods are served. But others have adapted, and the new missionaries can too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Since they, as resurrected ones, couldn't have sex, anyway, they could be sleeping in the same bed, AND, nothing would happen. It would be as innocent between them as, um geez, i can't even think of anything that innocent. Even babies get erections.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s difficult to Molest Children..

If your Holding Hands with your Wife!..

That has to Stop!..

http://www.staggeron.org/images/stephen-lett-face.jpg

........................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Jeezo what a messed up religion.

• stillin
    stillin

My new bride and I were called into the back room, where all of the bad people are counseled, regarding some misconduct on our part. This was in the pre-seatbelt era, when your girlfriend could sit right next to you on the bench front seat while you were driving. Apparently, we were seen doing just that and we were counseled that it was conduct unbecoming because the people in the other cars may have seen us in the ministry but they may not know that we were married. Therefore, we were bringing reproach on God's name.

Why didn't I wake up sooner?

• blondie
    blondie

stillin, that happened with me. I was working at a AH build and some officious sister took me aside to tell me I was being too friendly with a married brother...I pointed out that he was my "fleshly" brother and was she suggesting something perverted....same response, the others would not know that...actually everyone knew that but her. The brother in charge took her aside and gave her an assignment far away outside the building...it was his DIL. Did my brother and I get dirty looks from her at lunch...but she kept her distance.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"I have it on good authority from someone who is directly involved with the dramas"

Yeah, sure .........................

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

So many precious Jehovah's Witnesses out there with "weak consciences" worried in case they are oh so "stumbled" by the conduct of others. Such pathetic behaviour from supposed grown adults.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

... just when you think they can't possibly get any kookier ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit