Any fallout from the "human apostates" convention talk yet?

by cedars 34 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hate to say it (or perhaps glad to say it) but I am not sure how much impact this talk will have.

In the context of a loyal dub attending 3 days of prolonged witterings this is just one component, yet more same old same old static in the overall noise of "do this, don't do that, Armageddon is coming, preach more, let's all be happified" rehotoric.

Any loyal dub is already conditioned to accept and implement apostaphobia - this talk just hammers an already fully fixed nail in a bit more. There will undoubtably be those who step up the unreasonableness of their behaviour but I bet they are already pretty much black and white on the whole issue.

If you are already DF'ed then you are already dead to 99.9% dubs. If you are in but known for your cynisim then your card is already marked. There is no new info or change of tack in this talk - it's just there to reinforce existing attitudes. The DC is a pep rally and this is just one chant in a large repetoire.

I will be attending my DC soon so it will be interesting to see if there is much comment about it and if my summation is right or wrong...

• Butterfly22
    Butterfly22

Can anyone tell me how I explain to my 94 yr old mother who is experiencing mild dementia that I am not the devil in disguise?

I left jws some time ago, was married to an elder & my research showed me many things that did not sit well with me so I guess I am an apostate. But when my mother had a slight stroke a couple of years ago - I made a promise to care for her. This entailed leaving everything in United Kingdom, lovely flat, good job & mostly my lovely family of children & grandchildren & last but not least had to have my older cat put to sleep to travel to Australia.

I now live in one bed unit, sleeping in lounge & am in firing line 24/7 with someone who treats me like a slave at best & a naughty child at worst. But it's my choice to care for her.

So how will she react to this talk and the guilt of having me in her home?? Many times she has asked elders to visit her as hardly anyone ever does even though they give talks about it all the time. When I was in UK we spoke on telephone regularly & she was upset that no one came around. Did anyone ever consider how this may affect the lonely elderly ones who have family who do so much for them but are not jws??

i do not sup at table of demons neither do I want to make followers just live my life quietly doing the best I can, no labels are needed for people or bullying techniques or name calling which is so very immature but this talk will cause many families problems in my humble opinion.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Butterfly22...Oh my dear, you have your hands full.

May I happily welcome you to this new home, JWN?

I am sure you have more to share.

PM me if you want to "talk".

Have you been reading here for a while? I hope so.

We are good people as you know.

It is The GB pointing 3 fingers back at themselves who are the mentally diseased ones. They are the apostates. Where is Christ in their Christian religion?

If and when you have time, start a new thread and tell us a little bit about yourself. After you post you have a total of 30 minutes to correct anything you want by using the little yellow pencil on your upper right.

Just Lois in The North Pacific

• St George of England
    St George of England

We have had two meetings since the DC and the only topic of conversation regarding it that I have heard is the fact that the car parking situation was even worse than last year, not better as promised.

JW's can sit through 3 days of this stuff, make copious notes and look up dozens of scriptures without any of it going into their brains!

George

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

yep, that was me, though I used to spend a lot of time wandering the corridors because I simply couldn't sit still.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit