Any fallout from the "human apostates" convention talk yet?

by cedars 34 Replies latest jw friends

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

Nothing yet specific to the talk. There are rumors on this board but…

Unbeknownst to me (long story), my husband called my estranged father and the topic of the talk came up. He asked him to pay attention to this hate filled talk and think of us every time they hear the “name calling”. He chuckled…so we’ll see.

They also discussed the July 15, 2013 Watchtower. My father does not buy into them taking the ‘Evil Slave” term away. He can morph the religion into whatever he wants to in order to stay in. This little change is eating at him though, so you never know…

I posted the abbreviated 4 min talk you featured on your jwsurvey site on my FB timeline. Hoping to get attention from my non JW’s. I think people are watching it and are shocked but they do not know what to say. I have 2 friends that left the JW’s that did not do their research and were blown away by the hate speech.

On this second topic of media attention, it really deserves its own thread. I think we should do something on a “well planned” mass level "together" to get attention rather than assign it to Cedars

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

We need to MAKE this a media issue by causing some ruckus. What would happen if hundreds of people started writing hate letters to vairious targeted KHs to the point it becomes a media issue? I can see it now... a church getting hate mail. That would open the door for discussion of their own hate speech because the media is going to want to know why they have so much hate mail. Or better yet, how about a letter writing comapain to the Anti-defamation league? Yes I know they are mostly for the Jewish population, but they also come to the defense of other religions and cultures.

As long as we remain quiet, nothing is going to be done. Personally I think this recent hate speech deserves local protests at local KHs, not at the conventions. There are so many people at the conventions any protesters just blend in. However, if protest occur at a quiet neighborhood KH, that would surely make local new and may be picked up by the main stream media..... especially if it happens at several local KHs.

To me, this recent hate speech has crossed the line, and I would gladly protest any and every KH on a Sunday morning.

Question: If a DF person decides to return to the KH for whatever reason..... can ANYONE tell me how to UN-mentally disease someone? In my field of psychiatric social work and medical field, "disease" implies a permenat disability.

Another thought.... I am certainly no supporter of Obama, but our Dear Leader in his recent speech called religions devisive and he actually called out Catholics and Prostantents for having their own schools and raising children to hate others that are not of the same religion. I think, with this social climate, and the DC still in swing... respectful, orderly, peaceful protests at local KHs on Sunday mornings would have the best chance of getting the media attention. Heck, if Obama gets wind of the hate speech coming from the WBTS, he may actually use it as an example of how hateful cults/religions can be.

• talesin
    talesin

I've said this before, and I'll say it again. For the last time.

We need to mount a 'massive' writing campaign to a major news outlet ... telling our experiences about shunning, and giving facts and details. "Anonymous testimony" is not sufficient to get this on a show like Anderson Cooper. If they receive hundreds of letters, *perhaps* a story will be done.

One problem is, and I do believe it's why Oprah never did a topic on the JWS, their legal dept. They are sue-happy, and talk shows are quite leery of that.

t

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

You are so right Tailspin. Nothing will happen about this hate speech unless we are strong enough to do something about it. Letter writing, protest. I'll be good and not do any of my destructive antics. I would love to protest, carrying a sign about hate speech on a Sunday morning at a local KH.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

cedars: It's precisely this kind of apathy on the part of the media that allows Watchtower to thrive. They know that they can say whatever the hell they like and get away with it.

This is a chilling observation, and sadly it is the truth.

Not even God is watching or cares.

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Here is the website to the Anti-defamation League. Again, they help all who suffer from hate crimes, not just Jews. I think we can learn and get support from them. What are your thoughts Ceaders?

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Opps, here is it:

http://www.adl.org/combating-hate/

Ceaders, I am very serious about this..... I want so much to do something about this.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Where is the information in that talk posted? My wife will be going at her assembly next week and I'd like to see what crap they'll be filling her head with.

• QC
    QC

Hi Cedars.

Welcome back.

• Heaven
    Heaven

So glad my Dad no longer attends these bullshit, waste of time and money, indoctrination sessions.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit