Any fallout from the "human apostates" convention talk yet?

by cedars 34 Replies latest jw friends

• nicsfreedom
    nicsfreedom

I quit, Go to youtube and type in human apostate. If you want a quick recap go to JWSurvey.org. Currently featured at the top is a great 4 minute recap.

Heaven, Agreed but the concern is that they are not just benign and boring. They are attempting to stir up serious hate!

• QC
    QC

Cedars,

I hope you are done with the JW activist hate campaign. They will collapse of their own self-inflicted demise.

Political-style activism is unnecessary.

• Heaven
    Heaven

They are attempting to stir up serious hate!

nics, I haven't viewed any of the information as I am not sure I can stomach it. Life is really stressful right now for me.

In my experience, hate is a key foundation of this religion. They've been doing this for a long time but perhaps it is getting more public and vocal as 2014 approaches and various other factors are applying pressure on the Borganization.

If they are stirring up serious hate, then they could be in some serious legal trouble in some countries that have laws against hate type agendas.

Maybe legal authorities should be contacted instead of the media.

• Mary
    Mary

I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm having dinner with my holier-than-thou-JW-cousin-who's-no-longer-gay (ya right) tonight as they're down for their ASSembly. I'm sure we'll hear all about the wonderful spiritual food that they partook of at Jehovah's table today.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

cedars - Sadly, even though this is clearly hate speech, it's hard to get it the attention it deserves without some form of scandal to give the story the forward momentum it needs. It's precisely this kind of apathy on the part of the media that allows Watchtower to thrive.

IMHO local news organizations that benefit from WTBTS money do not want to write against the WTBTS. The WTBTS probably pays money to run the equivalent of infomercials about how DC's help the local economy in some local news organizations. National news organizations are less likely to be influenced by the WTBTS, but it would take a lot of letters to influence a national organizaiton and maybe some type of catalyst.

How many JWN members are willing to write to a national news organization and/or politicians about their WTBTS experiences? There are at least two events in the near future that might be news worthy: the appellate court decision about the Candace Conti case and the Australian Commission investigation into organizational chid abuse/molestation. If news organizations and politicians received thousands of personally written letters over the next year about those two events, may be something would happen. Probablities might increase if those letters asked for action concerning all dangerous cults and not just the WTBTS.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• cedars
    cedars

Roberta - I checked out that website, it looks interesting! The onus does seem to be on anti-semitism, but it would be well worth striking up a dialogue nonetheless. For the time being I just want to know if the apostates talk at the convention is having any immediate tangible impact. Armed with that sort of anecdotal evidence as to the repercussions, we would have a much stronger case for alerting the media and anti-hate groups.

Cedars

• Roberta804
    Roberta804

Ceaders,

How i know about the Anti-Defamation League is on account of my working for a well known Jewish family as their nanny and housekeeper just as I was leaving the JW in 1986. A very good attorney friend of theirs, last name of Gordon, was president of the Michigan chapter of the ADL. He wrote my DA letter for me which served me well years later when I personally brought a suit against the WBTS for defamation of character. I can not discuss the details of the suit, but I can say my son walked away satisfied. I of course will never be satisfied! One thing I can say is, this hate speech is exactly the same thing the elders pulled on me that brought them to the ADL's attorney's attention.

We have something here Cedars, no mistake about that. I am ready and very willing to organize picketing at local KHs, write letters. It's better than spray painting their sign.... smile.

One more thing..... for everyone.... there is one thing the WBTS hates more than losing money... and that is embarassment. Have we all not just been waiting for the WBTS to put their foot in their mouths so we can show the world the depth of their hate? Well they sure did it with the words "mentally diseased". If we don't jump on this now, time is going to take it's toll on the effect we can make.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Mary!!..

I'll let you know tomorrow. I'm having dinner with my holier-than-thou-JW-cousin-who's-no-longer-gay
    (ya right) tonight as they're down for their ASSembly....

I used to be Gay..

Now I`m just Cheerful!..

http://jwsurvey.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/anthony-morris-iii.jpg

........................ photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Hey Cedars, I've had a heap of JWs unfriend me earlier this year over some WT quotes and the "Lot's Wife" from JW.org I put on Facebook, so I'll let you know how many friends I've got left after the DC. Ours is around the 17th August.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Maybe legal authorities should be contacted instead of the media.

Most "Hate Speech" is protected in the US. Consider the Westboro Baptist Church "God Hates Fags" pickets.

However, the media does sometimes jump on these issues.

Seldom though does an issue affecting 1/10th of 1% of the populaton rate many column inches.

And this only affects those who have LEFT the ranks of the 1/10th of 1%.

Good luck.

Doc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit