So what IS wrong with higher Education?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Grex bolt.... And what are you going to do when you find out the Watchtower lies to its people?

Deny it?

ignore it?

excuse it?

face it?

Come back when it happens, it is quite a difficult time in your life. We will be here to help you, they won't.

Also go and ask your elders if you can be a pioneer and go to university? Can you be an elder and condone university? New rules from 2 years ago says nope to both those questions. The elders letter said to determine if the pioneer is from a good family, at university for good reasons etc... Your local elders will decide your judgment, not god.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

If you go to university, there's nothing they can really do to you except give you dirty looks in my area. We had an elder with an MBA who earned $120 an hour, and was a pioneer. His wife did an accounting degree. A teacher I know pioneered through her degree. In Melbourne many JWs are educated, but as a result, they have a life and aren't pioneering. Then when I lived in a town in the remote tropics, education was viewed as the tool of the devil. How much they swallow the WT rules on education is quite dependent on where they are. In cities it's a lot more cosmopolitan and JWs tolerate education a lot better.

"This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one you sent forth, Jesus Christ."-John 17:3"

Where does that say we shouldn't learn a job skill?

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

Who in their right mind would allow their 13 year old child to become a Jehovah's Witness when they aren't witnesses themselves? Crazy. (If what they are saying is the truth in the first place)

and when it's brought to their attention that its a disfellowshipping offence to be on this board, rather than take that on the chin they come back and quote even more scriptures.

they should go tell the elders they've been enjoying spending a few hours on JWN...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit