What on earth happened to the magazines?

by slimboyfat 73 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

LOL .. at least the publishing company is not in decline.. wanna revise your thread topic.. here

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

They really are pitching recruitment at the kids who can't read good.

Do what the governing body says. Don't not do what the gverning body says. Don't do what the governing body tells you not to do. Because you must do what the governing body says. (Random Scripture misapplied 19:14-19)

It's right that if you have an important message to publish you shouldn't ignor the educationally disadvantaged, but to make them your primary audience is exploitative.

• *lost*
    *lost*

They are simplifying, time is running out, the end is near, it won't be long now ... soon...SOON ... SOON FFS DON'T YOU GET IT

don't you read the freaking mags, stoopid sheeple..... they getting ready now, ready for the big move, to the big paradise spa in the country .. and then ...

BANG ... BANG .... they gonna shut them doors, count the cash ... and flip the birdie to all the slaves and tell them to fudge off.

I actaully do think that is their big plan, what's anyone gonna do ? sue them ? they gonna get away with it all scott free.

Time is running out to bring down this B'stard satanic cult ..... please god, let them get tripped and busted before they get their 'prize'.

OMG - just like the virgins who ran out of oil, the doors were closed, I just had a revelation, I'm a prophet, BOW, NOW !!

lol, joking.

seriously though, I think that is what they are planning. Think about it, it's not that far fetched.

• steve2
    steve2

True, true, true...but, but, but....

Have you seen Time lately?

Or Reader's Digest?

Or National Geographic?

The print industry is in varying degrees of inexorable crisis and, to be fair (!) the Awake! and The Watchtower fit in perfectly with the fiercely desperate trend towards Big Font, Bullet Points and Color, Color, Color with Pictures, Pictures, Pictures and Photos, Photos, Photos. Suddenly the whole world's an adolescent who cannot and/or will not read. No moving pictures?! Bor-ing.

Does it disturb older JWs? Heck, does the crisis in the printing industry disturb any older person?

Hold on, I'll just access my i-phone to google that question. There in is your answer, I guess.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

There may have been more words, more content before but I always felt I was being spoken to like a child. I've it seen an awake mag in years, at least not one I've opened.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

God has a long history of using bullet points. The Ten Commandments comes to mind.

• trujw
    trujw

I am having a hard time here with what you are all saying. Can you please add a few more pictures to help me understand. Also why do I have the urge to pull out a ruler as I read this.

• steve2
    steve2

If you jump up and down fast enough, my words will seem like they're moving and so will the pictures - and then you might understand them more, okay.

...I'm exhausted...it's all that heavy reading......

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

BLuepill2- you are a terrific storyteller!!

• stillin
    stillin

Gotta say, still no commercial advertisements, still, to be found in either the WT or the G! But so what? If there's some principle there, I'm not sure I get it.

PI mean, there are lawsuits to be paid. There's hush money to be dealt with!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit